www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all,

I thought it would be kind of cool to post our scores of the day somewhere like this. This site will continue to grow and this would be a fun way to keep up on your friends progress. What do you think? For those of us that don't travel to tourneys, it will be cool to see how current SD DG'ers are doing.

I'll send out reminders each weekend for the next month or so and if no one is interested, I'll turn the forum off.

Thoughts...
1. Positive vibe. No using this forum to dig on others
2. Score plus a few highlights?

Tags: aces, diego, emerald, isle, morley, san, sun, valley

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I played in both the Summer Fling and the Golden State Classic. I haven't been playing well since the Summertime Open in Sylmar and I've been working on my backhand...

The Summer Fling was a great. I shot a -6 on the first round and was on the lead card for round 2. Unfortunately, I got in my own head and ended up shooting a +8 on the second round. No, I'm not joking... I've only had 2 (plus) rounds rounds at Morley this year, a +2 in April and the +8 in the tournament.

The Golden State Classic was a blast. My first round was with Nate Doss (took 1st) and Josh Anthon (took 4th). Nate shot a whopping ten under on the first round while I shot a plus eleven. I ended up taking 63/68, but still had a great time. Each round I improved my score. Emily, Willie, Parnell and I (among others) followed the final card on the back nine. Man those guys are good. I highly recommend watching the Pro's in action if you want to inprove your game.

Gotta go, I need to work on my putting. :)

-Side Arm Dave
Montiel Doubles Results for Monday, June 30:

1st: Rizbee/Deadeye Tommy Vincent - 17 under (new doubles record)
2nd: Paul M./Todd W. - 13 under (won playoff)
3rd: Seth/Todd (a different Todd, whose last name escapes me...sorry!) - 13 under

Tommy played amazing golf today - he putted so well I only had to putt on 4 holes. He had two near aces - hitting the basket on #6 long and hitting chains (hard) on #8. Also, the group we played in was fabulous: -17, -13 and -11, and many great shots. in fact, -10 was the worst score of the five groups that played.

I'll be gone for the next two Mondays (Tour de Rizbee 2008), so Don V. and Dave V. will run doubles the next two weeks. $10 in the ace pot...
I shot -8 under today, the course is setup pretty easy. Many birdie shots
Did you play both sets of tees? I shoot 7 or 8 under regularly 9 regular/9 long, but being consistent for an entire round is pretty tough. Come on out Monday and let's see your stuff!
EI Doubles

Jared / Tommy V. -15
K. Gomez/ Mad Max -15

Tommy V. and i won in a one hole playoff.
Incredible golf...we were all on the same card and both teams broke the course record!
K. G. and Max hit the first 14 in a row!! Sorry Tommy and I had to beat ya! LOL
Tommy's on a roll!!! Two 1sts in as many days! I guess he was buying dollar tacos (oops, I mean $1.25, gas costs, don't ya know) @ Rubios last night.

All cent has to do is go out of town and his records get broken...
My money is on Cent returning and either tying or beating all records set in his absence.
Does anyone know Max's last name? I want to submit results to the newspaper. If you don't know his real name, does anybody have a suggestion for a pseudonym?

I can't wait to watch cent try!
Today I shot a -6, -10 and -5, what a day!
There were three bag tag challenges on Saturday morning/afternoon at Morley Field. First challenge had Mike Ballestas took the #6 tag from Mike Westerman's and left him with the #84 tag. Paul Stephens took my #101 and dropped me to #118. Not quite sure because we kept score in our heads but I think the final scores were Mike B -7, Mike W -6, Paul S, -4, Ben R +3.

Challenge #2 saw Hawk and Jeff join up with their #161 and #131 tags, respectively. Mike B kept #6 with a -8, Mike W kept #84 with a -5, I took back #101 with a -1, Paul took back #118 with a +1, Jeff kept #131 with a +3 and Hawk kept #161 with a +5. Highlight of the round was Jeff's sidearm spike hyzer Ace on hole 16.

Challenge #3 Big D (#47) won with a -4 (he had a 6 birdie streak on the back 9 to run away with it), Paul S (#101) had a -2, John (#107) and Thomas (#118) shot Even, Ben R (#131) shot +1, Jeff (#169) shot +6, Scott L (#211) shot +11 and Bobby M (#227) shot +3.
I'm going to be in San Diego August 26th thru 29th and plan to bring bag and a few discs along if I can escape from conference early one day. Staying at Manchester Hyatt and wondering where closest course is and if any local events are going on Tuesday thru Thursday. Jerry D (Lexington KY)
Morley Field is your best bet. It is a great course, but always crowded. I'm sure you'll meet some people to play a round with.
If your "pro" you could play Wednesday doubles. It starts at 5:00 but get there before 4:30 to sign up. Serious business.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968