www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all,

I thought it would be kind of cool to post our scores of the day somewhere like this. This site will continue to grow and this would be a fun way to keep up on your friends progress. What do you think? For those of us that don't travel to tourneys, it will be cool to see how current SD DG'ers are doing.

I'll send out reminders each weekend for the next month or so and if no one is interested, I'll turn the forum off.

Thoughts...
1. Positive vibe. No using this forum to dig on others
2. Score plus a few highlights?

Tags: aces, diego, emerald, isle, morley, san, sun, valley

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saturday, March 1st
1. La Mirada +8 on the front 18 (avg. is +9)
2. La Mirada +3 on the back 18 (never played the new back full 18 before)
3. Huntington beach +4 (avg. is +9)
I successfully defended the #1 Emerald Isle bag tag at EI today, shooting a 55 from the mixed tee layout that MA2/MA3/MG1/FW1/FW2 will use at EIEIO. I had a great round going until I shot 6 from the short tee on 15 and 4 from the short tee on 16, but I managed to hang onto #1 by 1 stroke after it was all said and done..
NICE!
I struggled this weekend. Shot +7 at the Sun Valley Monthly/Tag challenge and walked away with 110 (went in with 55.) Played better at EI even though I still was one of the higher scores. Only the second time I've played EI and I cut 8 strokes off to shoot +4 this time around. Taking a couple days off to rest before The Memorial.
Played a bunch on Sunday.

1. Started out at Montiel with Gomez shooting 6 or 7 down for 18 (not too great).
2. Headed over to Emerald and played the bag tag Grand Royale. Shot a 59, got alright tags.
3. Ended up back at Montiel after L&L (good stuff). Shot a -7 for 18 (strange, yet consistent)
I played well in Vegas. After shooting even par on round 1, I was tied for 3rd place. Then I shot a +5 to move up to tied for 2nd place. Finally, I finished with a +14 with huge winds and dropped back to tied for 6th place. I felt good about my performance and averaged a ~950 rating. Bummer I can't play at Memorial. See you at El Dorado.
San Diego was decently represented. First in Intermediate, 10th in Open, 6th and 13th in Advanced. Should have been 2 top 10's but I sucked the first round. Afterwards, I took the 900 shooting Carl and shot him behind the barn, and then the real Carl showed up. My goal for Memorial is 40th or better (110 person field). I got a lucky break and will be working in Long Beach the week prior to the El Dorado Open. Liking my chances there.
Took #34 today in a bag tag challenge. Probably going to give it to Dave Feldberg in AZ this weekend. Started out +1 thru 11 but birdied 7 in a row to finish -6.
My first two rounds at The Memorial weren't terrible, it was just too bad there had to be a third round. Went in with a +12 (+7 and +5 respectively) and walked out with a +24, finishing tied for 56th. I couldn't find any sort of rhythm the final day. Thought it would have been better since I started out by parking hole 1 and getting the only birdie in the group. I was wrong. My scorecard resembled a roller coaster by the end of the round.

Played well, I thought, at Vista Del Camino on Friday. Struggled with a couple of the OB lines but got a couple birdies and also hit a 70+ foot putt on 17 to save a 4p. Got to see Trey's ace on hole 18 later that day. A bunch of San Diegans were there to witness it. Chris Hanau warmed the basket up by hitting the bucket on the drive in the previous group.
San Diego's results at 2008 Memorial

Open 101 players
Carlo Pelg tied for 19th (-11)
Michael Lust tied for 65 (+5)
Miker Ramos tied for 71st (+6)
Dave Parnell tied for 74th (+7)

Open Women 23 players
Emily Hardy tied for 8th (+28)

Masters 55 players
Kent LaGree tied for 22 (+2)

Grandmasters 14 players
Rick LeBeau tied for 9th (+16)
Glenn Triemstra 11th (+18)

Advanced 102 players
Trey McKelvey 3rd (+1)
Kevin Gomez tied for 8th (+7)
Carl Renda tied for 16th (+10)
Chris Hanau tied for 23rd (+13)
Daniel Lichtman tied for 23rd (+13)
Eddy Spracklen tied for 31st (+16)
Brendon Wear tied for 34th (+17)
Ben Rutherford tied for 56th (+24)
Brandon Coates tied for 62nd (+25)
Matt Dickinson tied for 62nd (+25)
Dirty Wallace tied for 67th (+26)
Justin Kirk tied for 70th (+27)
Chris Givans tied for 72nd (+28)
Alan Dickinson 94th (+58)
David Lewis DNF

Advanced Women 12 players
Kayleen Boyle 2nd (+38)
Brittany Breed 3rd (+40)

Advanced Masters 26 players
Dave Clapp tied for 16th (+26)
Randy Wylot DNF
Yeah, that Renda guy sucks.
Yeah he beats 86 players but can't quite beat the other 15. He's got problems.
Cool!

Thanks for the update Ben.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968