www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have finally started getting proper form down and all that and most importantly have learned how to throw flatter. Which brings me down to the good news which is I HAVE FINALLY SHOT UNDER PAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Up until this week my PR has been +4, not the best but have only been playing for around 3 months. This week I shot -1, I had 6 birdies, 3 bogeys and a double bogey (shouldnt have happened...how many times can a guy gat stuck behind a tree on one hole) and one of the bogeys was cause my disc rolled in the water. We play 18 holes and all are par 3....think most are? Anyways, I was excited :D

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Way to go buddy. That's a milestone for sure. Next step is averaging under par...
I still get excited when i achieve under par at a new course, its a feeling that tells you that youve learned your throw that much better.
My next goal is to to greatly improve my approach shots. They are pretty sloppy at times
nice job kyle keep up the good work
good work brother. It will get better as time goes by. This is my first year playing any tournaments (only have been playing for two years) and I am winning my club overall and in a good race in our advanced division. When you play, watch everyone, start noticing what works. Shoot 'em up.
good job dude. as everyone else said.. now it's more of keeping under par a consistent goal.
Sweet.... nice going on the under par!

Just out of curiosity... is the course you play on rated? I know PDGA has some courses rates on a 1 to 10 scale... I practice on a course that would be a 1... very easy... but the one that all of the local club tourny's are held, it is rated a 7... and I cannot for the life of me get anywhere near par (61 was my best round).

I don't get out there as much as I would like because of the travel time, so it's usually my "home" course during the week and the "better" courses on the weekends....

But again.. .Congrats!!
Well done! It sure feels good to get under par for the first time. I too have broken/tied some personal records recently. Would have beat my record a third time if it weren't for a birdie turned bogey. :( Definitely something to build on Kyle. What is the course like you are shooting at?
crappy... ha ha, no, its not too horrible but high school kids have taken their toll on it. It right across from a high school in a park. It has 18 holes, many shots 200-300 ft and a couple at about 150-200. 1 big uphill shot of 315 feet, and a big down hill shot of 400ft. Lots of elevation change, water is a factor on 3 holes, plus woods on the first 8 holes comes into play. the big "hill" is called "garbage hill", used to be a dumb back in the day, way b4 my time. now covered with grass, one side is real steep and the other is a gradual incline----> used for sledding in the winter. Its kind of a difficult course to explain but you get the idea lol.

CBass said:
Well done! It sure feels good to get under par for the first time. I too have broken/tied some personal records recently. Would have beat my record a third time if it weren't for a birdie turned bogey. :( Definitely something to build on Kyle. What is the course like you are shooting at?
here is the course on disc golf course review, http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=1732&mode=gal#

there are come course pics on there, it only shows the first 9 holes
That looks preety nice.... I like the tunnel on one.

We just had a new course open here in SA, Tx. It's built on an old dump also..... not to bad.... the elevation changes are the best in town... I love it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968