www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

anyone trust a long distance (forehand) roller shot as much as i do??

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've usually used a Monarch or Roadrunner or something understable as it is really easy to turnover into the ground. I'm looking for more specifics about rollers as I've recently tried using them on some holes that don't seem to favor backhand or forehand.

I would love to hear do and don't tips from anybody with a lot of experience with rollers (backhand and forehand) as I would like to develop this shot the correct way from the beginning.
I want to learn how to throw a roller someday. Can someone explain to me how its done?
lmao!
I can't find the Mark Ellis roller video. Can you help me? Do you have a link to it?
Sidearm a Wraith and then move up to a Boss.
I've had the best luck with Discraft's X-Clones, but they're so hard to find.
I've taken a roadrunner and sanded the bottom on my 4 in. belt sander a little til it would turn over just right for a roller. Back in my tour days I used a rubber P-38 lightning. They were and are still very rare. The key to rollers is the amount of spin vs. the speed. That can be varied in many ways. A little thumb pop does wonders to keep it stable once on the ground. The skill to throw a roller is worth learning.

hell, yeah!

I am trying to learn but everyone I play with does not have a roller and only throws it to get out of trouble and for shots less then 50 feet.  The private course I play the owner has two beat up champ beasts he rolls so his dogs can chase.  I can throw(forehand roller) them with decent accuracy 300 ft into the woods with a lot of power left but I cant get any of mine to roll where I want them too.  I just ordered a champ beast I just need to break it in so that I can roll it
I use a Discraft Express for my one roller I throw per round at my home course

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=711
Sounds like you shouldn't use it in tournaments then
I've got like 8 glow in the dark mint x-clones for sale

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968