www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm wondering if any Disc Golf Clubs out there can help out a new disc golf club and it's local community.
A few of us have started the Mason County Disc Golf Club in Washington state. We started the club because we are drafting a proposal for a course on state park land, which is unheard of in Washington state. We are also looking to get the community involved, especially the youth (ie. schools, youth clubs, etc.)

I understand that there are clubs out there that are holding onto unclaimed "lost" discs. I am wondering if anyone is willing to donate them to our club and community. The idea is to build interest in our club locally, by giving kids and there families discs. This can only help proliferating disc golf.

Please feel free to send me a message....

Thanks,
Kevin Gerlich

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kevin,

We have a program at Final 9 Sports that gives unclaimed losts discs to schools. Send us your shipping information and details and we can send some. The only charge would be for shipping which shouldn't be much with you being on the west coast.

Email: Fnal9@sbcglobal.net

Jennifer
Final 9 Sports
Jennifer,

Thank you for your response. You'll definitely be hearing from me soon.

Kevin Gerlich
Have you been in contact with the Tacoma Player's Disc Golf Association in Lakewood? Which of the parks are you going to target: Schafer State Park, Twanoh State Park, Jarrell Cove State Park, Potlatch State Park, Belfair State Park?

http://www.discgolftacoma.com/

Good Luck! with this! :)
^^^

Actually Tuffi, the proposal is for Lake Isabella State Park. There is a current 9 hole object course. It's been set for about 1 1/2 years as a trial course. I jumped on board with the guys who are currently upkeeping the course, because I plan on moving to Shelton from Olympia. There is also communication with John Keates at Mason County Parks to see if a park in Hoodsport, Victor, or maybe Belfair would work. All those are very preliminary though. Lake Isabella has the chief Park Ranger and a Washington State Park representatives' backing so....

Most of my contact with other disc golf clubs has been with West Sound Disc Golf Association. John Conte has helped me to understand the gauge and trials that installing a course at Lake Isabella holds. But he and his organization are willing to help as much as possible. Paul Wright is going to be helping us design the course. And when the time comes, both WSDGA and the Olympia Disc Golf Club are going to show support.

But, in the mean time, as a Club, we realize we need the local community to be behind us. And we feel that getting families out at, not only Lake Isabella, but courses in Kitsap, Pierce, and Thurston Counties, could only help our position in the eyes of the state.

I will be contacting TPDGA to see how they can support.

Also, Jennifer, I've tried several times to e-mail you at the posted address, but it doesn't seem to be a valid e-mail address. I would love to get a hold of you.

Kevin Gerlich
Great to hear it!
:)

olywa kenobi said:
^^^

Actually Tuffi, the proposal is for Lake Isabella State Park. There is a current 9 hole object course. It's been set for about 1 1/2 years as a trial course. I jumped on board with the guys who are currently upkeeping the course, because I plan on moving to Shelton from Olympia. There is also communication with John Keates at Mason County Parks to see if a park in Hoodsport, Victor, or maybe Belfair would work. All those are very preliminary though. Lake Isabella has the chief Park Ranger and a Washington State Park representatives' backing so....

Most of my contact with other disc golf clubs has been with West Sound Disc Golf Association. John Conte has helped me to understand the gauge and trials that installing a course at Lake Isabella holds. But he and his organization are willing to help as much as possible. Paul Wright is going to be helping us design the course. And when the time comes, both WSDGA and the Olympia Disc Golf Club are going to show support.

But, in the mean time, as a Club, we realize we need the local community to be behind us. And we feel that getting families out at, not only Lake Isabella, but courses in Kitsap, Pierce, and Thurston Counties, could only help our position in the eyes of the state.

I will be contacting TPDGA to see how they can support.

Also, Jennifer, I've tried several times to e-mail you at the posted address, but it doesn't seem to be a valid e-mail address. I would love to get a hold of you.

Kevin Gerlich
Kevin, the state parks in Michigan have just in the past 3-4 years accepted and now are pretty vigorously promoting disc golf. They see it as an inexpensive traffic generator. I suggest you tell the administrators in Washington state to check with their counterparts in Michigan.
^^^

Thanks for the advice Terry. I plan on interviewing Rangers and maintenance employees at the Oregon State Parks to see what needs the State Parks had that Disc Golf helped fill. Sounds like i can also include some background on Michigan State Parks.

Again, if anyone out there is interested in donating any discs to the Mason County Disc Golf Club, please let me know.

Kevin Gerlich
Hello Kevin.

I would like to join the club. I will be there next sunday to pay and join up. Thanks for running the tourney.
my friend ryan and i just played this course for the first time today and loved it.
does mason county dic golf club have a website?

when do you normally play?
we play on lunch breaks during the week 1-2pm ish.

we'd love to see/help this course develop.
it would be fun to play with a regular to learn about the course's nuances.

thanks for bringing this awesome sport closer to our community.

.justin

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968