www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Looking for feedback on gorilla boy bags. If you have one or know someone who does I would love to know what you think.

Tags: bag, bags, best, boy, girilla, reviews

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bought a Kong Bag about 5 months ago and I absolutely love it! I'm the kind of person that does research on stuff before I buy something and in my opinion the gorilla boy bags are the best on the market. I have 3 friends who also have GB bags and all of them love their bag as much as me. 2 of them have the Silverback and the other is about 7 years old and still in good shape. I'm from Wisconsin and so is the guy who makes the bags but I don't know him at all, just so you don't think I'm giving a good review just because I know him. In my Kong bag I currently have 7 distance drivers, 7 fairway drivers, 6 midranges, and 4 putters. I could fit 1 more driver but then the discs get hard to get in and out. 3 of my putters I keep in the pocket on the front of the bag and the 4th in the putter pocket, very convenient. The bag is ridiculously light, and still super durable. I throw almost every day and there is no visible wear anywhere on the bag, including the bottom. I keep a 32oz nalgene in one of the drink holders and it fits easily. The 2 side pockets fit a ton of stuff, I've never ran into an issue with not being able to carry everything that I needed with me. I've always used my quad shocks on this bag and they fit great. Had to adjust the length of the straps from my Innova bag to this one but work just as good. The huge rain flap is awesome too. It covers all my putters and the velcro works great. On the back of the bag is a thin pocket that the flap hides in when its not raining. There is nothing wrong with the frame that the bag comes with, but I prefer to use the frame from the Innova competition bag. This frame is lighter, allows the discs to sit lower in the bag, and is the perfect length. The only thing I didn't like about this bag when I got it was the small zippers on the pockets. They look like they wouldn't be very durable, but so far I haven't had any problems with them. I wrote a lot, but that's because I think everyone should have one of these bags!
Great review, thanks.
No problem! He makes his bags in many cool colors, email him to find out what colors he has in stock.
www.gorilla-boy.com
I have seen theses bags and they are better quality than anything out there.

Matt Sink said:
Great review, thanks.
I'm torn between th Kong and the Silverback. I currently carry an Innova competition bag and it's full. Is the Kong to big for everyday use? I have other bags, but only use then for extra disc storage. I don't want a "tournament bag" and a "casual bag".
Personally, for that kind of money, you could get a cooler fade gear bag

check it; http://fadegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&am...
A few of my friends have fade bags and yes they are pretty cool, but price isn't the issue, quality is. I throw only tie-dyed disc (different story) so the fade bags kinda fit, but I don't believe it would hold up to what I will put it through.
Like I said before, I use the frame from an Innova competition in my Kong bag and it fits perfectly. The main compartment is the same size. Go with the Kong, Silverback will definitely fit less discs than your competition bag. I use my Kong for everyday use and I don't think its too big. The competition bag measures about 17" long, and the Kong with the pockets full is 20" long. The pocket behind the putter pocket sticks out only 2".

I've seen a few of those Fade bags and yes they look pretty cool, but as far as quality and bag life they aren't even close to Gorilla Boy bags.

Matt Sink said:
I'm torn between th Kong and the Silverback. I currently carry an Innova competition bag and it's full. Is the Kong to big for everyday use? I have other bags, but only use then for extra disc storage. I don't want a "tournament bag" and a "casual bag".
David, thanks for all the info. The comparison between the to bags is very helpful.
Happy to help!

Matt Sink said:
David, thanks for all the info. The comparison between the to bags is very helpful.
I just received my new Kong bag. Great bag, I also put the comp divider in it. Absolutely perfect.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968