www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Heading out in mid June for a little trip from the frozen north for a little friscin down the I-5 and 99South - any suggestions as to courses we just have to take in? thanks

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey u folks in Orgeon and Washington what's the scoop ????
whats up? when in Oregon if you havent played it before, you got to play Milo McIver, and if you go way south, you got to play Whistlers Bend
if you get any where close to spokane four mound disc golf reserve is a must play it is a private course and requires permission and may not be accesible yet do to snow
Trozzle hit it on the head but I would add Pier Park in there as well, 10 minutes off of I-5 in Portland. Great course with A LOT of trees.
Boom Boom Dino,

Since you are coming this way go to two place

www.odsa.com - for the courses in WA, OR, and Idaho

www.NWDiscGolf.info - a calendar of events going on in the area... Depending on when you roll through Portland we have a double tournies almost every night of the week except Friday.

Make sure you drop a note on the ODSA board (meet to play section) when you are coming out. You are bound to run across someone up for a round.

Kevin
If you are going farther south I would strongly recommend both Dexter and Whistlers Bend.
Whistlers Bend now sports alternate pin settings on 9 different holes... and newly revamped tee pad on hole #3. Enjoy 2 additional signature holes, with excellent views of the North Umpqua river.

Check DiscGolfOregon.com for more information.
How far north are you starting?
Take a look at the GPS thread that I started...If you have a Garmin or other such device you can just upload the file and the directions are calculated off of the coordinates etc..

Cheers
Best to hit in Oregon... Milo McIver (Estacada) is a beautiful championship level course, Dexter (Eugene) is a well designed technical course in a beautiful setting, and Whistler's Bend (Roseburg) a fun course in a beautiful park with stunning views. In July it would be hot enough in Roseburg to float the river that surrounds the park on 3 sides... put in at the day use area and get out at teh camp ground... VERY frun.

As long as you're there Pier Park (Portland) is a beautiful Portland park, Timber (Estacada) is a fun course, Adair and Willamette (Corvallis), Tom Pearce Park (Grants Pass) while it has funky baskets, it's along the river and has some interesting holes.

I wouldn't waste my time at Rooster Rock... sorry! I just think it's a bit of a drive for a disappointing course. Champooeg is a cute little course, but dosn't present a huge challenge... still fun to play.
we're hoping to run down to Golden Gate and work our way back ......... maybe santa Cruz ........ gotta go gotta throw kinda run ........ just a week of huckin'
I agree with WilliamRoss... Sea-Tac and Lakewood are great and really close, spent a week out there for work and had a blast at those two courses.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968