www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Heading out in mid June for a little trip from the frozen north for a little friscin down the I-5 and 99South - any suggestions as to courses we just have to take in? thanks

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yo Boom, My suggestions for Oregon are Milo McKiver, Whistler's Bend, Dexter and Adair
-Cloud
Sweet .if your going to Golden gate Park......go play Stafford Lake in Marin Co.....the course is in Novato Ca and it is the most Sweetest Course on the West Coast.....very Hard and has elevation changes with views of the lake lots of wildlife and just about every shot will test your skills here ......if your in the Golden Gate area bottom line please play Stafford Lake....skip Santa Cruz as it is a great course and one of the hometown favorites but you will have lots of golfers there and a wait is not uncommon....no wait at Stafford Lake and the most beautiful you will encounter on your adventure bar none......also Play Milo McIver in Oregon you can't go wrong there and just the nicest folks around too...hope this helps in your trip....have fun........play Stafford Lake!!!
Bill, er, William is right on with the WA recommendations. Just a couple things to add, if you're coming through Bellingham, there's a new course that's pretty sweet, still a little rough around the edges (some homemade baskets, dirt teepads, etc.), but is definitely a fun time. It's called Mossy Roc, in the Sudden Valley area. There's a new course in Sedro-Wooley, that I have yet to play, but have heard it's long and challenging. There's also Twin Rivers in Arlington, another fairly new course, but pretty well established and is pretty fun. I mention these three b/c they're all fairly close to I-5, easy to stop off and get a round in. Terrace Creek is also a quick hop off the highway, and it's my home course these days. It's one of the oldest courses in the Seattle area (maybe the oldest that's still around?). It's a good course, but as Bill mentioned, the best courses in the area are Lakewood, Seatac, and White River. Don't know what you're doing for accommodations on your trip, but White River has a campground right next to the course. Ft. Steilacoom is also worth seeing for sure. The local club there has done a good job of putting tee signs up so you can follow 3 or 4 of the most popular layouts more easily--still kinda tricky though, finding a local is your best bet.

And yeah, in OR, Milo is a must play. It's a bit of a drive away from I-5, but well worth the trip. Pier is also a sweet course, probably my favorite city course, just be sure to play it during the week or early on the weekends (it's a lot of people's favorite course). Trojan is a good stop along the way, it can be hard to navigate, but I was able to find my way around thanks to some arrows painted by the locals. Be sure to bring discs you don't mind losing though, most of the holes have water in play. Dabney is the other standout course I've played in the Portland area, but I couldn't play all of it b/c we ran out of light. Rooster isn't that bad of a course, I've certainly played far worse, but it isn't the best Portland's got to offer. Timber is, eh, so-so. Nothing bad about it, just nothing remarkable, it's like 10 minutes from Milo McIver though, so if you're in the area and have the motivation, you might as well hit it. I've only played it once, and it was after spending a day at Milo, it just felt blah in comparison.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968