www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Whats the deal with champion edition plastic. I just traded my cousin for a champion edition valkyrie thinking it was the same as a champion valkyrie. It is in good condition although the ink is somewhat faded and there is some orange paint or dye which is somewhat washed off. (also there is no name or information on it). Then, i looked online and saw that these sell for $50+. So, does anyone know what is so good about champion edition disc and why they cost so much money?

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This from the Innova site under FAQ.....

What is the difference between Champion plastic, Pro Line, and CE Plastic?
Our current top of the line plastic is called Champion plastic. Since the original introduction of the Champion (Candy) plastic, it has gone through three name changes. All three are basically the same family of semi-clear or pearlescent plastic. When the Champion plastic was first introduced, it was called Champion Edition (CE). Then it was briefly called Pro-Line. (Pro now refers to our current line of grippy, opaque discs made with a unique blend of plastics.) Go to About our Plastics for a complete explanation about our current plastics.
Champion Boss !!!!!
CE plastic reminds the old guys of the good old days and memories like that are worth paying big bucks for!
Still holding on to my CE Valkyrie, flies straighter and straighter. Good old disc has been through all kinds of punishment and keeps flying nicely. I don't know of any other disc that can take the abuse of full blast throws colliding with various objects at point blank range...
"I just traded my cousin for a champion edition valkyrie..."

Wow! What's the other guy gonna do with your cousin?
Champion Edition plastic is more durable. I have a CE Leopard and CE TL that have great flight chars. and always will. If you are going to be playing disc golf for the rest of your life, I recomend that you invest in C.E.
I found a CE valk in the woods and gave it away. that's before i knew what the hell i had of course. its my brothers brother in law so Im OK with that. i don't throw valks anyway
bazillion said:
"I just traded my cousin for a champion edition valkyrie..."

Wow! What's the other guy gonna do with your cousin?
Thats not my problem anymore. I just have to take care of the disc now. I'm sure his parents will be ok with it. He is a twin so they still have one. They may not want me to babysit anymore though.
I'll tell ya! If they made a new mold in the old CE plastic I would pay $300 for it easy! That plastic will not get destroyed or hurt bad enough that you cannot throw it any more. It literally will last about 10 years i guarantee it.. for this new champion plastic... doesnt last as long... the characteristics change after about 15 rounds... CE flies consistent and true for much longer!
Chad Curtis said:
CE plastic is a pyramid scam or like the housing bubble. Overpriced and overhyped. Don't tell me the new molds and plactics aren't better.
I wish I bought a bunch of them way back when. They are pretty sweet!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968