www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Those of us in the snowy north like to think that playing in tough weather makes us better competitors. But does that compensate enough for the fact that y'all in the south (and west . . . Hawaii . . . sigh) can play more often?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its 10% physical, and 90% mental.50% of the time.....lol
Playing all the time makes you better.
That is why the Tour Players continue to cash at the top.
I moved from Michigan to Florida to play year round...
I suppose its like any sport Terry aint it? Dan Marino was a outstanding quarter back when it was warm( Odd him being from Pittsburg) but Brettt Favre will probably go down in history as being the games best ever.(Odd...he is from the part of the country that lost the war). Got to always give the edge to the player who can not only deal with adverse conditions, but also thrives on it. Im pretty predjudiced on this particular one being from Wisconsin. This is a year long passion for me...My family plays in the snow and extreme cold...but as far as who the edge goes to...? who knows? Climo wins against anyone in all temps with large enough seat coushions for his ears ( I had to...envy ) but there are people from southern California who Im pretty confident I could spank in a round of golf in mid January but not touch in june.Its one of the many things I sooo love about this sport. It has permeated almost every corner of the globe. People who do it have a bond with one another that is undeniable and pretty rare.
Didn't Mark Twain once say "The coldest winter I ever spent. Was a summer in San Francisco" (paraphrasing, but I think it's close) Well anyway, I need to be warm to enjoy a round of disc golf. Playing tough is for the young! Plus I don't think adverse conditions stokes my competitive fire, but playing year round has got to help. Besides we get frost a few times a year and then I have to break out my credit card to scrape my windows. MAN, what a pain! lol!! So we don't always have great weather in Nor. Cal. ;)~

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968