www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Locally a big thing to do is sign baskets after an ace here in Greeley, CO. I was wondering if this is just a local thing or if it is common place around the country? Do you think this is a good idea or a bad one?

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's done here in SC but GREATLY discouraged-- just sign the disc and leave the baskets graffiti-free!!
My vote...it is a bad idea...IMO it is vandalism...there is a forum thread about this question at PDGA.com in the Equipment topic in a thread called... Is marking an ace on a tee sign Vandalism??" Not only do they comment about tee signs, but also targets as well...

Get a sharpie, mark the ace date and location on the ace disc...then have all your friends that witnessed the ace sign it...
yeah siging the disc is waht usually i have seen done but the course in our town is old and we just started a club and was wanting to know if this was a common prob around the country. thanks for the info.
signatures on tee signs and baskets ruins some ofthe beauty of the course. I believe it is vandalism. Sign your disc or your friend but leave the coures looking good!
I say a bad idea. I just sign the disc with the date, hole, and course. and have the witnesses sign the disc as well. Do you guys think "tagging" the baskets with disc golf related stickers vandalism too???
Here in Michigan it is a tradition. I don't know where it came from but I do it too. I sign the back of the pin right under the chain harness. But yeah, everyone does it. Some people think its a huge deal and decorate the basket which is unnecessary. Signing the disc just puts ink on it and the disc looks bad, maybe make a blog or record it on the back of your rule book, I think signing the pin is harmless because it comes off in less than a year.
my thought on those who sign the basket is "what a tool"
I agree with almost everyone else, it's vandalism and should be discouraged
alright guys youve convinced me, i guess i wont be signing any more pins. im up to 24 so ill just post them up on here from now on.
I have no problem with it and I do it. It's part of disc golf, a tradition. I find it interesting to see when and who aced a hole, sometimes seeing names you know. I remember once seeing some from 1988 still on the basket, that was pretty cool. I have more of a problem with random, pointless tagging and markings on everything else. And the destruction of signs.
I'm on the sign it ballot. I have and allways will. It's a part of DG in michigan I think.
i sign the post,if there is no post,i will sign the basket.done it 3 times this year.just about everyone i play with carries a marker solely for that purpose.if you ace you deserve the right to put your name on it.why not,it feels good.i do not see it as an eye sore.i do think the post or basket should only be written on if you ace,it should not be used as a message of your personally feelings or to display your disc golfs club tag.i totally agree with Ben on this one,its part of disc golf.and its one of the things about disc golf i like.i fear that one day this sport will be as up tight as ball-golf,and what fun would that be?
i have yet to get an ace (hit many chains of baskets) but when i do i prob will sign at least my first basket or pole i think.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968