www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Locally a big thing to do is sign baskets after an ace here in Greeley, CO. I was wondering if this is just a local thing or if it is common place around the country? Do you think this is a good idea or a bad one?

Views: 261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's better to sign your own property and what belongs to you. I have seen to much vandalism on teesigns.
I'll let ya know when I pop my cherry.....
Part-time Ninja said:
I'll let ya know when I pop my cherry.....

By signing your disc and not the parks basket right? This is not a white trash sport, please don't represent it as such.
Garrett Graham said:
If your talking about hudson mills then that must mean i pay to play as well and if i were to get an ace there i would sign the tee sign just as i would anywhere else.

Dave said:
Ben....youve taken my comment completely out of context.That is NOT the point I was trying to make at all. It's about respecting property that does not belong to you.It's not about the money.I'm glad you looked beyond everything else I said and made a smart ass comment like that.That shows real substance.Again....It's about RESPECT and if you think it's ok for every casual kid that comes out to play and thinks it's a place to come and drink illegally and dispose beer bottles and garbage where they please ,and write all over everything, then I stand corrected. I don't know about you but I am sick of feeling like a maid when i go to my home course.Do you pick up garbage Ben or do you try to figure how long it's been there and admire it. I think I found a Bud bottle from back in 89' and it wasn't that cool.P.S. I do pay to play, and that course isn't trashed!!!
Ben Calhoun said:
if we paid 40$ to play this would be ball golf.
That's the problem with ( a lot, not all) 860 unofficially rated players, they just don't respect the sport. Yes I said sport not game!
Of the three aces I have had, I only signed one of the baskets because I saw there were many other signatures on the basket for aces and I was encouraged to do so by a local. For my other two aces, I had them at courses that do not generally encourage players to sign, so I did not.
Personally I'll sign a tee sign or basket the first time I ace a hole. But, only if there is evidence of prior recordings. If I get an ace in a non-local park that dosen't apear to have the tradition I just write it on my disc and add it to my spreadsheet.
we sign the peg board in the moble disc golf supply van at our local course.if you hit a black ace you have to sign your name backwards
ej white said:
we sign the peg board in the moble disc golf supply van at our local course.if you hit a black ace you have to sign your name backwards

hahaha, sign your name backwards, thats funny.
How can you say that I don't respect the sport? You don't even know me. It is a tradition here to sign the baskets or tee signs when you ace so i did. I will do it again some day when I ace again

DennyAx said:
That's the problem with ( a lot, not all) 860 unofficially rated players, they just don't respect the sport. Yes I said sport not game!
I signed my first (and currently only) ACE basket on the inside, as a someone had spraypainted the top of the basket black.

i will only sign the discs i ace with from that piont on.

we have enough problems with punks tagging the courses around here and i HATE these gang member punks who think a bunch of squiggly lines make them COOL!!!

Get a job or pick up a disc and do something constructive PUNKS!!

....sorry for yelling.
Use the basket for sponsors names.
If it were your own 'personal' property go ahead.
But not in the public eye.
Unfortunately 'image' is important to park officials and those that pull the purse strings.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968