www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What driver do you prefer for long (400'+) open holes? What type of shot? (sidearm, backhand, tomahawk, etc.....)

I am asking this because this is something i debate more on the long holes than the shorter holes, and I usually end up throwing a disc and wondering if I should have picked another. Please give me your input with the disc brand and type as well as the weight. This is for ideal conditions but feel free to put input for the various windy conditions as well. Thanks

I am asking this solely to compare my game to the options other players take. I throw a Champion Beast, Wraith, or a Valkyrie. I question myself after every shot for my own improvement. I dont want to know what I do, I see it every day I play. I am asking what do YOU do. Thanks.

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

on wide open long holes i throw star orcs , champ xcal, esp flx pred. i average 480 - 500 on flat ground. my best was like 540 the basket was 564.
Pro Wraith. Champ Wraith. Champ Valk. Pro Destroyer. Backhand.
as you've seen, there are a ton of varying opinions on this question. the real answer,though, is that long open holes suck! as i've heard ken climo say on many occasions "golf is a game of control". if i want to throw wide open crushes, i'll go to the local soccer field complex.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968