www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So my left knee, which is my plant leg cause im left handed has been hurting for about a year. But nothing to serious just some discomfort...so i take a break and then its cool after a couple of days. But yesteday out on the course it was acting up, so i knelt down, imagine a catchers position in baseball, to loosen it up, but as soon as i got down it felt like something was trying to push my patella out of my skin. Didnt hurt so much as just felt really wierd.
Has anyone experienced this, and if so, is it something i should be seeing a doctor about?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

See a Doctor just to be sure nothing else is damaged.
I am experiencing more knee and other joint problems than ever before due to my insane road-trip. Playing 63 holes a day or so on average, most days for 6 months straight.

I try to take it easy off the course, wear the right shoes, carry a lighter load, use less run-up and take Glucosamine now.
get it checked out sooner than later. i waited to have both mine checked out from two separate injuries and now a lot of work has to be done on both my knees cause i just dealt with the discomfort and didnt get them checked out right away. and if you dont want to go to the doctor take ibuprophin to prevent any swelling discomfort.
First question is are you rotating on your drive instead of maintaining a planted position. I am thinking you can develop a knee injury/problem if you are not rotating on the ball of your foot while driving.

Other than that, man get that checked out.
after you get it checked out if they want to do surgery do your research and find a good surgeon. I had complete ACL reconstruction, miniscotomy, and arthritis work done on my right knee over a year and half and it is still screwed up and constantley giving me touble on the course
Definitely go to the docs, no question.
I tore my minial miniscus in my right knee while disc golfing. Had the operation on outpatiant and was back on the course in less than a week to my doctors dismay. I did not sit around and wait for the muscle to deteriorate. That was me. Get it checked and do what the doc says.
Use the problems of your left knee as a reason to develop a lefty forehand. On a lefty forehand you plant on the right knee, which spares your bad knee from stress.

Since most courses are righty friendly, a lefty forehand flies the same way as a righty backhand and will give you a huge advantage in dealing with righty hyzer tunnels you will encounter a billion times in the future. By next spring you may have a solid forehand and your left knee may have recovered enough to let you drive comfortably LHBH.

This occurs to me because my bad right knee forced me to learn a forehand, which is now my primary drive. I sure wish I was lefthanded, like you.
mark ellis said:
Use the problems of your left knee as a reason to develop a lefty forehand. On a lefty forehand you plant on the right knee, which spares your bad knee from stress.

Since most courses are righty friendly, a lefty forehand flies the same way as a righty backhand and will give you a huge advantage in dealing with righty hyzer tunnels you will encounter a billion times in the future. By next spring you may have a solid forehand and your left knee may have recovered enough to let you drive comfortably LHBH.

This occurs to me because my bad right knee forced me to learn a forehand, which is now my primary drive. I sure wish I was lefthanded, like you.

Thanks Mark,
Ironically that is what i have been doing with some great success. I have found the learning curve to be very quick just as it was when i was first stating to play and learing to throw BH. Unfornetly the ony way ive been abel to get any forhand distance is by flipping the disc out of the hand and playing a helix shot, my straight hyzer lacks distance 280ft and in, any pointers? one of my strenthgs back hand is being able to throw penetrating hyzers for distance without having the disc perform an S curve. I cant seem to figure out how to allow my body to work with my arm when throwiing forehand, it seems all im able to do is generate spin with my wrist and speed with my arm, but no smoothness if you know what i mean. Any tips??
Both my knees give me problems so I wear knee braces and take a glucosamine,chondroitin,&msm complex pill,all this combined realy helps.My problem is not pivioting on the end of my throws.Ive tried to change my throw and loseing accuracey is an under statement.Good luck,if you try the glucosamine give at least 4 weeks to kick in,it works.
Jared responded:

"Thanks Mark,
Ironically that is what i have been doing with some great success. I have found the learning curve to be very quick just as it was when i was first stating to play and learing to throw BH. Unfornetly the ony way ive been abel to get any forhand distance is by flipping the disc out of the hand and playing a helix shot, my straight hyzer lacks distance 280ft and in, any pointers? one of my strenthgs back hand is being able to throw penetrating hyzers for distance without having the disc perform an S curve. I cant seem to figure out how to allow my body to work with my arm when throwiing forehand, it seems all im able to do is generate spin with my wrist and speed with my arm, but no smoothness if you know what i mean. Any tips??"

!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^W*_)(*@!@#$%^&*()(*%$#@

Jared, It is a tough diagnosis from here.:)

Having never seen you throw, I am only guessing. Most players who have no power on a forehand have limited arm movement on the throw (elbow tucked into the body, little backswing or follow through). I have heard there is a Discraft video on Youtube.com where a few different Pros show the basic form of a forehand. You might want to check there are compare your form to the video.

Forehand is a more difficult throw to master than backhand. Of course, if you start now in a few years you might be great and spare your knee in the process.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968