www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone actually thrown this? I am just curious because of their bold statement of this will be your farthest driver. Is it really that far, it's rim is far bigger than the boss on one side of the disc while the other half is small like a fairway driver. Does not seem like it would fly worth a crap. But it is PDGA Approved.
www.aerobie.com/Products/Epic.htm

[IMG]http://www.aerobie.com/ProductInfo/WebImages/Details/EpicBellyForWe...[/IMG]

Views: 307

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow..the reviews seem like something you'd hear on an infomercial. I'm curious to see if anyone in here has thrown this disc as well. I say "EPIC" all the time. This would be frosting on the cake if it lived up to it's name.

Here's a disc golf review page with more reviews...
http://www.discgolfreview.com/discs/aerobie/aerobieepic.shtml
If you can even put your fingers around the rim, which I cannot, you have to put serious power on it and it does bomb. It has NO CONTROL whatsoever, I've yet to meet one person who can consistently make it go far AND in the same general direction. Useless but fun, a novelty at best. The ARROW by Aerobie is decent disc though.
Couldnt you just hold the small side ben? Or does that make it fly different?
want me to take a picture of my hand next to a ruler? lol
Steve said:
Couldnt you just hold the small side ben? Or does that make it fly different?
Yes lol.
I don't know... I was bored and seemed to read most of the discgolfreview info. It's not predictable, and makes for one heck of a thumber disc from what I read. I wouldn't waste my money on it.
tiny hands anyway
I agree with Ben and the rim is larger than a fairway drive ... its more like the force or destoyer on the small side and I do have a strong tomahawk and its a pain to get it to turnover and flip through the air ... although i have seen this thing thrown a very long ways when it does work
throwing it is a 4 step process
1. find large body of water
2. get Aerobie epic from bag
3. line up for center of said body of water
4. let fly.
best toss you'll ever make. its a piece of junk !
HA HA Ha... well said Chris... well said.
I threw one twice (borrowed) and both times it seemed to fly okay for about 100 feet but then it suddenly went all nose up and acted like a drag-racer-parachute; it completely stalled and came down. But, you know, maybe wonder woman put up an invisible force field and I hit it square on.
I thought this was strictly an overhand/thumber disc?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968