www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone actually thrown this? I am just curious because of their bold statement of this will be your farthest driver. Is it really that far, it's rim is far bigger than the boss on one side of the disc while the other half is small like a fairway driver. Does not seem like it would fly worth a crap. But it is PDGA Approved.
www.aerobie.com/Products/Epic.htm

[IMG]http://www.aerobie.com/ProductInfo/WebImages/Details/EpicBellyForWe...[/IMG]

Views: 331

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have one and would say novelty disc at best. Like Ben and others have said not predictable, but it is one huge tomahawk disc for me, I have thrown it over 500', it just depends how you bend it, and normally goes farther with a slight head or cross wind. Fun to throw but I would never throw it in competition.

Like most people say...tomahawk grip the small side of the rim, open the trash can lid, chuck it in...great shot!! Now, close the lid and walk away. LOL
me and a friend wrote "this disc sucks" on it with a sharpie and left it on the sidewalk. we were too kind to it.
here is a link to my video from when I first got my epic last christmas, open it up to full screen to see it better.
http://discgolfer.ning.com/video/video/show?id=1809917:Video:153700
Chris Perkins said:
throwing it is a 4 step process
1. find large body of water
2. get Aerobie epic from bag
3. line up for center of said body of water
4. let fly.
best toss you'll ever make. its a piece of junk !
I don't think this would work out to well since the disc floats. Unless of course it is so inaccurate that by aiming at the water you will land near the basket. I have throw my friends about three times. I bombed the first one, but the next two were terrible. Point of the story I haven't thrown one enough to know if it is worth the ten bucks. Either way, my friend lost the disc and I'm too poor to spend the money on a disc I may never use.
That Disc is a Trip !!!!
If I'm not mistaken this disc is designed be be thrown overhand/thumer. It actaully flies in a corkscrew flight pattern....turns completely OVER and then starts a helix turn. They are pretty badass, if you can thow them. Not meant to be thrown backhand or forehand.
If only it went the same wrong-way every time, that would work flawlessly. Aim behind the tee pad at the nearest tree, and it'll flip around and do circles until it lands under the basket.

Kerry said:
Chris Perkins said:
throwing it is a 4 step process
1. find large body of water
2. get Aerobie epic from bag
3. line up for center of said body of water
4. let fly.
best toss you'll ever make. its a piece of junk !
I don't think this would work out to well since the disc floats. Unless of course it is so inaccurate that by aiming at the water you will land near the basket. I have throw my friends about three times. I bombed the first one, but the next two were terrible. Point of the story I haven't thrown one enough to know if it is worth the ten bucks. Either way, my friend lost the disc and I'm too poor to spend the money on a disc I may never use.
so when thrown with a thumber .. it's not predictable at all?? that thing bombed in that video!!.. I'm scratching my head at how it's PDGA approved. What does Brian Shweberger use for a thumber disc? I heard he could bomb a thumber a long way.
That disc is weighted unevenly so that it throws more like an ancient boomerang or tomahawk (hint, hint). They were thrown to fly fast and far (and bust heads open). It's quite obvious to me that this disc was not created with the traditional backhand throw in mind.
i didn't have enough power to throw it,so i gave it away and he soon lost it.
I actual bought one of these and so far I'm not impressed, I bought it to throw as a thumber disc but I have thrown it back hand. My opinion so far is that its all hype, I know that people are able to throw these astounding distances (thumber) because I have seen it done but I think that most of us mear mortals either lack the skill or patience to learn to throw this disc that far. To my knowledge none of the top pro's that throw thumber/tomahawks or any other over hand throws for that matter seem to have these in there bag so I'm doubtful that its a skill issue. I don't however regret buying this disc and haven't given up on it yet but the more I throw it the less likely I am to keep it in my bag, although the last disc I recall having trouble throwing is now a staple in my bag and wouldn't give it up for any thing so maybe there is hope for the epic. Besides if its not working out I'll just give it to one of the kids that hang out at to course that I play at.

Latter
Scott

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968