www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone actually thrown this? I am just curious because of their bold statement of this will be your farthest driver. Is it really that far, it's rim is far bigger than the boss on one side of the disc while the other half is small like a fairway driver. Does not seem like it would fly worth a crap. But it is PDGA Approved.
www.aerobie.com/Products/Epic.htm

[IMG]http://www.aerobie.com/ProductInfo/WebImages/Details/EpicBellyForWe...[/IMG]

Views: 331

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scott, it's very nice of you to pass discs along to kids at the park to get them playing...But..Giving a person an Epic is like giving someone an AA pamplet, it is a nice gesture, but it will probably just piss them off and they might just quit. LOL!

Red Line Disc Golf said:
I actual bought one of these and so far I'm not impressed, I bought it to throw as a thumber disc but I have thrown it back hand. My opinion so far is that its all hype, I know that people are able to throw these astounding distances (thumber) because I have seen it done but I think that most of us mear mortals either lack the skill or patience to learn to throw this disc that far. To my knowledge none of the top pro's that throw thumber/tomahawks or any other over hand throws for that matter seem to have these in there bag so I'm doubtful that its a skill issue. I don't however regret buying this disc and haven't given up on it yet but the more I throw it the less likely I am to keep it in my bag, although the last disc I recall having trouble throwing is now a staple in my bag and wouldn't give it up for any thing so maybe there is hope for the epic. Besides if its not working out I'll just give it to one of the kids that hang out at to course that I play at.

Latter
Scott
Mike you may be right on this, I suppose like AA I should use 4 step method:

1. find large body of water
2. get Aerobie epic from bag
3. line up for center of said body of water
4. let fly.
best toss you'll ever make. its a piece of junk !

LMAO
I never learned how to throw one correctly.
Does any one know how to tune the disc?I read its a high performance disc that needs to be tuned.I have one and would not use it on a course.I played with a guy who used it , some good ,most bad.
It is how you bend the rim, I believe if you bend the wing up it is more overstable down for understable, but I only throw mine tomahawk and thumber. I have seen people bend theirs way out of shape though, you only tweek it a little bit evenly all the way around the edge. This "tuning" has to be done for each throw, hence the unpredictability.
What do you mean ancient boomerang? We still make boomerangs over here today, and they fly better than the Epic. I'm offended.

lol

Tearlock said:
That disc is weighted unevenly so that it throws more like an ancient boomerang or tomahawk (hint, hint). They were thrown to fly fast and far (and bust heads open). It's quite obvious to me that this disc was not created with the traditional backhand throw in mind.
Desperate to have Disc last summer to play with I bought a Aerobie Distance Driver #1 because it was all the town had for like 30 miles around besides regular Frisbees.
It was better than the typical Ultimate discs but very Overstable.

This disc is GOLD and looks like a STEP sided Pyramid. If I need to make a sharp turn or may loose the DISC in Brush- guess what I pull out. I went out in an open Field and Flung it around for half an hour. IT actually would land within 10 or 15 feet of my ROC 11x which I think is overrated. I don't have a lot to compare these with but the Driver #1 is NOT as BAD as people think but there's a LOT better out there for less money.

Red Line Disc Golf said:
Mike you may be right on this, I suppose like AA I should use 4 step method:

1. find large body of water
2. get Aerobie epic from bag
3. line up for center of said body of water
4. let fly.
best toss you'll ever make. its a piece of junk !

LMAO
Yeah, well thats the Distance Driver #1, we're talking about a creature of a far worse variety, the Epic..........should change its name to the Septic....
ROFL...that's hilarious!!!
The most predictable thumber/tomahawk I have. I wouldn't throw it for a drive to save my life though.
can you throw a boomerang and get it to come back to you to catch it??? that would be so sweet

Hootie said:
What do you mean ancient boomerang? We still make boomerangs over here today, and they fly better than the Epic. I'm offended.

lol

Tearlock said:
That disc is weighted unevenly so that it throws more like an ancient boomerang or tomahawk (hint, hint). They were thrown to fly fast and far (and bust heads open). It's quite obvious to me that this disc was not created with the traditional backhand throw in mind.
I got one for my bday. Cant throw it worth a damn most of the time. I do play with a guy that just rips it out there. I dont understand.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968