www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ok well i was a little buzzed the other night and sent an email to a women that is an event cordinator at the Devos place in my home town Grand Rapids Michigan.the devos place is huge facility that is host to all kinds of events,boat shows,rv shows,car shows.anyway i sent her an email asking if they would be interested in hosting an indoor disc golf tournament.to my surprise she emailed me back and said they would be glad to hold the event.i havent replied to her yet but she was asking for more details,she wanted to know what time of year,what year and if the event would be hosted by the pdga?as of right now this is a dream that i hope could be a reality in feb/2010.im thinking disc golf tournament/expo with vendors and the whole nine yards.this would be the perfect way to showcase the sport.im inviting anyone with ideas or suggestions to contact me through this site.so what do you guys and girls think?would you put aside the time and effort to attend this event.peace.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well mark...100-200 is a lot to me

Biggest tournament i was at was the ace race

88 people
yea its gonna be sweet.
So, has anyone got any numbers

Turnout, rental costs, sponsors, prices, etc?
I think we're all curious to see how this all works out. He seems to have plenty of time to really get this thing organized.
best of luck to you dude.
Mike Inscho said:
I think we're all curious to see how this all works out. He seems to have plenty of time to really get this thing organized.
best of luck to you dude.

And a lot of drive which is what is need more out of disc golfers to go to the next level instead of the ones always trying to piss on someone else's happiness...
True that Jay !!,

I couldn't agree with you more. These guys are the ones who make it all happen and bring disc golf to that next level. I've offered my help as much as I can for this event. I hope he takes me on my offer for promotion ideas.

I hate downers too. With all of the advice and suggestions given to him within this thread... He's got a good start.
Heres a couple of random thoughts.

1) an actual indoor tournament is the first component.

2) an expo of manufacturers is another component. Shoot for all and I mean all, foreign and domestic. Latitude, Discmania, DG Aotearoa, Snap, Discwing, and all the biggies. Too far for the out of country guys have them pay a fee and set up a display for them.

3) a mini tournament

4) a family fun tourney, where the focus is just parents bring their kids in for some indoor fun.

5) Paid or unpaid or both disc golf training, pros or at least advanced players watching guys throw on an indoor driving range, putting, shot shaping, new product demos etc.

6) Raffles and merchandise fund raising for other events or this one. Could be a once in a lifetime Buzz or Roc Sort of like USDGC

7) Chance for the PDGA to meet and present ideas to its member body.

8) Combine the expo part with other disc sports, other disc events. Dodgebee,guts,ultimate, freestyle.

9) Showcase the artwork of disc dyeing, might bring another whole community to the table.

10) make it a huge flymart, the biggest and baddest yet, charge an entrance fee just for that. I'd go I love to fondle plastic lol.
Disc golf expo nice... I can envision it a yearly thing that maybe travels like a car show or bike show or tattoo show if they can do it why cant disc golf??? I have always wanted to by a old uhaul truck and have 18 baskets in it to set up temp courses or tournaments (have baskets will travel type thing) this would help to aid in showing parks / schools / churches the possibilities. Just throwing more ideas on the table for future discussions
One more random thought combine it witha charitable function. raise funds for something, the DG in schools, or a bigger closer to your heart charity, would get you free press, and perhaps a reduction in rental costs. Could do a lot of good for some charity, and bring a whole new audiance as well.
that's what I'm talking about, more optimism is needed in our sport
believe that you can make this thing happen and don't take no for an answer
matt 51 those are all great ideas and exactly what i want to do.even throw some live music in there through out the day.just waiting for this guy to contact me,hopefully this week sometimetheres not a doubt in my mind that this event would not be a success.i think this would be the first event of its kind and could set the standard for further events.its just goint to take alot of planning,a year should be enough time.
So, I want to hear some numbers guys

Anyone got any?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968