www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ok well i was a little buzzed the other night and sent an email to a women that is an event cordinator at the Devos place in my home town Grand Rapids Michigan.the devos place is huge facility that is host to all kinds of events,boat shows,rv shows,car shows.anyway i sent her an email asking if they would be interested in hosting an indoor disc golf tournament.to my surprise she emailed me back and said they would be glad to hold the event.i havent replied to her yet but she was asking for more details,she wanted to know what time of year,what year and if the event would be hosted by the pdga?as of right now this is a dream that i hope could be a reality in feb/2010.im thinking disc golf tournament/expo with vendors and the whole nine yards.this would be the perfect way to showcase the sport.im inviting anyone with ideas or suggestions to contact me through this site.so what do you guys and girls think?would you put aside the time and effort to attend this event.peace.

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

money numbers or who will attend numbers
Both

I think better when I deal with numbers

so I can contribute more ideas if there were some number on the table
i think turnout would be huge.renting the devoss place will be very exspensive,will have a better idea of the cost after i meet with the sports marketing guy from the devos place.
Okay, so meeting are in progress

Has anyone contacted the pdga?

could be held near worlds next year

indoor worlds and outdoor worlds?
the dude im suppossed to meet with said he emailed the pdga.dont know if he heard anything back.
Alrighty, sounds good and official
Yesterdog said:
i think turnout would be huge.renting the devoss place will be very exspensive,will have a better idea of the cost after i meet with the sports marketing guy from the devos place.

I think this is a awsome idea , you should ask the devos place manager or cantact you have , to see if the facilities would sponser the event as well in the way of discounted rates for the rental of the space required. Explain to him this is the first of its kind and ask them to be a part of history and possibly the start of a new trend.
Curtains , inflatable paintball obsticles , elevating baskets as well as hanging baskets as well as funnel shots to make your disc hit targets to go to the hole or pin , like in putt putt golf. All are great idea's.
I cant say enough about this idea and your motivation to make it happen.
If you pull this off , you might see some Huntsville Alabama guys show up to have fun.
Good luck and let us know if you need any more input or help.
Stephen9973
thx stephen,would be great to see some people from the south up here.ill keep everybody posted on this.peace.
Have baskets hanging from the ceiling

a couple dollars per shot you take at the basket

you make it in you win it

The indiana guys would come to this tourny, bro.
I would be stoked to make a trip from Callifornia for this if it becomes a reality.
And 100-200 people is nothing, we had 150 out at the Heave, and could have had 200 with ease, there were more than 50 still on the waiting list.
Heck yea bro, lets get this started

Get some attendance numbers and cost on the table.

If we need an alternate location, we could have it in my town. There's a ton of abandoned buildings and stuff.
well i got another email from the marketing guy at devos place.im going to meet with him either friday or next week sometime.i still have to check my work schedule and let him know when im available.he said that he got a response from the pdga and now hes waiting to hear from their events person.keep your fingers crossed everybody.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968