www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What style shot do you prefer for drives? What style for short range? (Sidearm, Backhand, Tomahawk, etc....)

Of course it varies for the shot, but lets say if you had the preference of choosing the shot to take. Which shot is your more dominant style and or preference? My dominant style is the sidearm drive with a backhand for 150' and in. Im just curious to see how many different style combinations people prefer. We all know that it depends on the shot available but hypothetically which should would you prefer you had set yourself up to take. Thanks.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm pretty much all backhand for every shot. I'll have my certain disc that will do what I want them to do. I've been trying to develop my forehand ability though. I end up burning my disc into the ground half the time. So I've been going on to my local open park and flinging my plastic not worrying about the courses. Just working what I know I need to improve.
Backhand drives for accuracy, sidearm for distance. Our local course has a lot of technical holes so I find myself throwing backhand drives more often, but I do have to practice my sidearms to get the accuracy up.
Backhand for short drives

But I'm working on a thumber for those ultra accurate
The backhand offers the MOST control and power due to the large muscles attached to the Scapula (Back) its a larger muscle than the Chest Muscle used in the forehand throw. That said I see a lot of good Frolfers using Speed not power to launch Monster shots.
I agree with the previous posters about control and all and being a novice I have not perfected my Thumber and Tomahawk shots. Theres a good Discraft video on their site where a Pro says he used those shots 70% of the time. I have also heard of players who depend largely on ROLLERS as well.
In the two courses that I have played in the conditions were so different that the shots are completely reversed. Rollers would not be useful in the Brushy northern course. Thumbers would not be useful in the totally mature treed closer course.
I guess what I am sharing is you need a mixed bag of tricks to have a balanced game on many courses.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968