www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a dominant sidearm player and I throw an assortment of disc that I have been able to make work for me. I would like to know what do other sidearm players throw.

These are the discs that I throw sidearm if the option is available.
DX Wraith, DX Destroyer, Champion Beast, Champion Valkyrie, Champion Tee Bird, Champion Viking, Pro Leopard, DX Eagle. These are not all in my bag on one day but all are used depending on the course and how Im feeling. All are between 166 and 175g. And I have multiple of many of these.

Let me know what you prefer for a sidearm shot. Thanks.

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ooohhh good one

Del Pikles said:
170 + gram Champion Firebird
I can throw just about anything sidearm, and that's what I usually throw.
But for shots from 400 to 500 feet I'll throw a star destroyer.
For a little shorter shots I'll throw an Excaliber. It drops a little bit faster for me, and is much more stable.
I'll throw a star or champion wraith to anhyzer my sidearm.
The Boss is also a very good disc for distance (400+)

I highly reccomend the star destroyer though. I've aced with it 3 times sidearm.
Get a Firebird for the shorter approach flicks, more predictable.
I use to sidearm the wraith alot. Mine was a dx 172 till i lost it about a week ago.
a 150 Flick works great for me.It is stronger than a max weight dx destroyer.
Champion Firebird FTW!!!
170 z crush, 170 z flash.
Z Flash, Z Crush, FLX Surge,Z Reaper,ESP Force, Z Flick, Star SL, Star Destroyer, CFR Excal, Ch Boss. All are between 168-75
It all depends on how hard you throw and what you want the disc to do.

I throw all Max weight all the time, it is less effected by the wind and it flys the truest flight of what the disc is intended to do. Next off, I want all of my sidearm shots to finish to the right and thats it. If I wanted a shot to finish to the left I would throw backhand. Its all about what you want or intend the disc to do during flight and where you want it to land.

I throw as stable as possible: Eagles, Firebirds, and Whippets for the shorter stuff. Xcalibers and the Max for longer sidearm shots.

Hope this helps.
1st run Boss for about 390' Champion Viking for About 270' to 310' Champion Tee-Bird for about 180' to 250'
Use all kinds of other disc depending on the shot. Champ Wraith, Beast, Destroyer, CFR Tee-Rex. Not really to much into the DX plastic unless there is a water hole, I've got a Wraith and Beast so i won't be to upset if i lose one. I'm a all around sidearm player, all shots except putts.
Champ and Star Firebirds 170-175
172 Pro Destroyer for more glide and less fade
This is an interesting post for me because I have recently developed my own forehand throw. I tried almost all the discs listed on here but the one disc I am most successful with is the CHAMPION MONSTER. It seems to fly faster and hold a line better than the starfire, firebird and wraith. I don't seem to have as predictable results with the destroyer but I haven't thrown it a lot. Another disc I have recently discovered is the TeeRex X, which is a more stable TeeRex. But I recommend the Monster, especially if you can get a PRO LINE Monster - and if anyone wants to dump their monsters, you can find me on discaroo or send me an email:
admrbd@yahoo.com
discaroo: bdodson

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968