www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If you win an ace pot should you "seed" the next pot with a portion of your winnings? If so is there an appropriate percentage, like with tipping?

Tags: ace, pot

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the way we do it at a private course here. You can win half the pot + the amount of money you have personally paid into the pot. We started this after there was $200 in the pot. So if I hit an ace with an even $200 in the pot, then on the paid sheet I paid in 23 times, I would win $123.
There are probably 30 of us that play there and we all thought this was a good way to do it. This way if a person that only plays there once they don't clean out the ace pool. Also, if there are two people that get aces close together, one person dosn't win $200 dollars for their ace while another only gets $25.
hell no, take your winnings and peace out!
Take the winnings and maybe buy the group you're with a beer or something.
Maybe set up with dollar amount stages, 100, 150, 200. Where you only win a certain percentage after it gets up so high?
The ace pot in question is new and has never been hit. It was seeded with $100 by the creator of the pot, does this change any opinions? The pot grows about $10 to $20 once a week. ($2 bye in)
IMO you should get it all. BUT.. if you don't seed a bit back or at least buy a case of beer, your a chump.

and if you don't want a noob to win it all if he hasn't pitched in the last few months or whatever you shouldn't let them buy in in the first place. I mean, it's the same at a tournament, even if it wasn't my local club I would expect to get the full ace purse if I hit it in any event, but again.. me personally would donate some amount back to the local club .

just my 2 cents.
We let the newbie win the same we would 1/2 the total pot plus what they pay in
We pay all of the money just wondering if any should be given back. Personally I would especially on a large ace pot. Every tournament I've ever played, someone on my card always wants to split the pot if it's hit. Not sure I understand the origin or thought process behind that.
Half the ace pot sux! The ace pot should be paid in full, be it the new guy/gal or the course pro ... I pay in. I ace, I get paid out Period I think your false advertising your ace pot also, if your only paying a $100 an ace you cant really say its a $200 ace pot can you? Our club caps the ace pot at $200 and starts another pot as it stand we have 2 ace pots at 200 and are building a third. IMO ....GET OFF YOUR WALLET AND PAY OUT!
Good Post
I run a weekly mini and here's how I pay out our ace pot which is currently at 415.00
member get paid all minus 10% to seed new pot, so they would get 373.00
non-members get paid all minus 20%, so they would get 332.00
also, we have a gentleman's agreement, you ace for a case, meaning...
if you throw an ace, you have to go to the store and buy a case of beer and we all celebrate with you
if you don't have any money, I give you an advance on your ace pot, to cover the cost
I've only had one issue, and that was a guy that had played with us TWICE, and hit an ace with the pot at 956 and felt like he should only have to seed the new ace pot with 10%, he was wrong, but not unhappy as he still got paid 765.00
Definatley a fair way to go Dave ... and I must say very sweet mini pot ... I might have to come down there and take a crack at it lol

Nascar Dave said:
Good Post
I run a weekly mini and here's how I pay out our ace pot which is currently at 415.00
member get paid all minus 10% to seed new pot, so they would get 373.00
non-members get paid all minus 20%, so they would get 332.00
also, we have a gentleman's agreement, you ace for a case, meaning...
if you throw an ace, you have to go to the store and buy a case of beer and we all celebrate with you
if you don't have any money, I give you an advance on your ace pot, to cover the cost
I've only had one issue, and that was a guy that had played with us TWICE, and hit an ace with the pot at 956 and felt like he should only have to seed the new ace pot with 10%, he was wrong, but not unhappy as he still got paid 765.00
Ace buys the case!!!! has to be at least $50 in any given ace pool.

Plus during our club weekly's (Sunday Handicaps followed by Doubles) Non club members only get half the pot. We also have 2 ace pools for those Sunday club functions; A Pad Ace & B Pad Ace. We have been doing it this way for years. We did have a brief time under a different management, where the club seeded a newly emptied ace pool with $25.

During our Wed league doubles, we have another Ace pool there as well. It can apply to any of our 3 pads that we might play that day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968