www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If you win an ace pot should you "seed" the next pot with a portion of your winnings? If so is there an appropriate percentage, like with tipping?

Tags: ace, pot

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The KC Flying Disc Club pays only 1/2 of the pot, since about 1990. We used to win the entire pot, then it took weeks for the field to slowly fill out as the pot SLOWLY grew, even if we seeded it with $50. As the club manages the funds SEPARATELY for each course, this has become a proven a way for the club to keep attendance up, as well as gain a little operating monies.

Of course, the offending ;) player MUST bring a case of beer the next week. We've had a number of aces all year, most notably, two in three weeks at Wyandotte County Park. Arturo Villareal hit WYCO's first-ever league ace, followed by Tom Butler a couple weeks later.

Most everyone is friendly with the "51" aspect - witness an ace and pay $5, or pay $1 for metal (basket and above).
Sounds reasonable. I still split the pot when I get a Ace with my doubles partner !!!!
I dont get why clubs are doing this 50/50 Ace pool stuff? An ace is huge you should get whats there minus a little seed money. Our club gains a little money for operating costs by using a 50/50 CTP each week and has worked out well.
being a small club and disc golf is new to this town.we only had 4 to 5 people show up during our weekly mini. we pay out 50%. this summer our pot grow to 368.00. when the pot grew above 300.00 more players showed up, we averaged 10 players & that helps the ace pot grow. our minis have a 2 dollar cover. one to the ace pot and one to the club( for more baskets & course upkeep). i believe our weekly players would drop down with a low seeded ace pot. no one has complained about the 50% payout, & the one and only ace during our mini the man won 184.00 dollars. he was very happy.
Regarding TOURNEY Ace Pots: the TD should ALWAYS state ahead of time if all aces split at the end of the tourney; or if the first gets half, etc. They should also state that if no aces are hit, a CTP will decide and how many winners there may be. Last weekend in Topeka KS the CTP was split to the five closest shots (no one made it in). Share the Love!
Seedless is always better. After all the hooting and hollering, You should pocket that money, deseed on the way to the nearest pub, and celebrate cotton mouth with friends and a tasty brew
we are all in on 51 any time we step to the tee, league or not. and half the pot is not a bad deal at all. and the case of beer idea is a good one also

CD Player said:
The KC Flying Disc Club pays only 1/2 of the pot, since about 1990. We used to win the entire pot, then it took weeks for the field to slowly fill out as the pot SLOWLY grew, even if we seeded it with $50. As the club manages the funds SEPARATELY for each course, this has become a proven a way for the club to keep attendance up, as well as gain a little operating monies.

Of course, the offending ;) player MUST bring a case of beer the next week. We've had a number of aces all year, most notably, two in three weeks at Wyandotte County Park. Arturo Villareal hit WYCO's first-ever league ace, followed by Tom Butler a couple weeks later.

Most everyone is friendly with the "51" aspect - witness an ace and pay $5, or pay $1 for metal (basket and above).
hahaha deseed, you're my kind of disc golfer

Chain Gang said:
Seedless is always better. After all the hooting and hollering, You should pocket that money, deseed on the way to the nearest pub, and celebrate cotton mouth with friends and a tasty brew

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968