www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm trying to work on my drives to get them to a consistent landing zone. I've noticed that my wrist has a slight burning sensation after a snap the disc. It goes away after a 30 seconds or so but it's uncomfortable and numbing.
Is it:
--the cold, (it's been on average around 65-70 degrees here in NC)
--something I'm doing wrong with my form
--a case of carpal tunnel
--wrist muscles not being fit??

If distance matters for better judgment , my average drives land at about the 375-400 ft. mark. Any advice or expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Tags: burning, discgolf, drives, wrist

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My shoulder starts to hurt

not my wrist
i dont think its the 65 - 70 degrees its been 25-50 where im at. if you are trying different ways to drive then you are working different muscles therefore you will feel some discomfort at first till you get use to it. try stretching your arms and wrist out by moving them in a circular motion before you play to loosen up.
thanks Duain for your advice. It is true though... I need to start doing warm up exercises before and after.
I would say that weather and lack of warm-up would affect me almost every time I have a problem like that. During the summertime I can run out and throw the first drive, not taking any time to warm up or stretch, and at times it's like all the blood in my body will try to escape through my hand upon my release!!! I know it sounds crazy, but then after I throw the disc my arm or hand will be on fire!!! It will ache, and at times be very painful!! I think it's smart to always go first to the practice basket,and warm up by putting, with stretches included somewhere in there. If your wrist is bothering you try rotating them, massaging them, and practice putting before you drive hard.. The cold also makes my bones ache, that's when I have to really stretch more. Slight changes in weather conditions affect my body too," guess I'm just getting old"- is what I usually say. But I do believe it's only natural, logical, we are one with our surroundings, really.. ya know?
Thanks Shel,

I just need to start off stretching and not worry about flingin' plastic right off the bat. I'm glad I'm not the only one who experienced the burn from Hell. Thanks for the advice!!
First off it cracks me up that you call 65+ degrees cold.

Are you intentionally curling or springing your wrist back? Try to not do that, let it move by itself naturally it will bend back and snap forward with your arm motion, that might help?

I am dealing with thumb, shoulder, ankle, knee and elbow problems now from playing so much, so I stretch and try to take it light.
we haven't seen 65 here in Michigan for weeks. supposed to be 60 on Friday heat wave look out

Ben Calhoun said:
First off it cracks me up that you call 65+ degrees cold.
Are you intentionally curling or springing your wrist back? Try to not do that, let it move by itself naturally it will bend back and snap forward with your arm motion, that might help?
I am dealing with thumb, shoulder, ankle, knee and elbow problems now from playing so much, so I stretch and try to take it light.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968