www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is your favorite sidearm driver(s)??

I am very fond of the:

I N N O V A
Star Destroyer HUGE distance!!

171-175 grams - the lighter ones are very flippy

Star Wraith just a sick disc.

171+ grams - Sweet distance, great flight - mostly straight with a predicable hyzer out.

Star MAX Great hyzer disc! VERY Predictable.

175+ grams - Almost impossible to flip, but I have a nice beat one that I can flip if thrown with a large anhyzer. New ones won't flip.

XCaliber coming soon! :)

Views: 2255

Replies to This Discussion

star boss mmmmmmmmmmmmm loving it
I wish i had ordered the Star Boss. I have the champion and find the plastic way to slippery to throw properly. With a touch of pine tar this disc really flys... if you have the right snap off the drive.

Ordered a groove. They only come in champion. Will see how that goes.

I also love the boss for lower speed "trick" shots. Crazy hyzer for around trees etc. I've even used it as an approach disc when obstacles are in the way!
Pro Destroyer 175 until it gets too beat up and understable. Star Destroyer in a headwind when I have to be sure it won't turn over.
Boss FTW!!!!
Discraft z flick it is the only forehand disc in my bag and my go to driver
Champ Sidewinder,ESP Avenger ss, Star Destroyer
Normally I throw my XCaliber, Wraith, and Groove for distance, Valkyrie for shorter/straighter drives, Savage for hard fades (good for driving over ponds/lakes)

all have their purpose and I can't make just one my favorite
I recently said a Pulse was my favorite sidearm driver, I have decided that a Z Flick is my new favorite most predictable disc in my bag.
the Boss hands down, wraith, tee rex, force all work well but don't have the distance the boss does....

Sidearm is my throwing style (RH) about 80% of the time, to include putting.  Will also turbo putt.

Distance drivers:

Blizzard TeeDevil -  great for S-curves, basket more to left (great distance, too, I averaged about 250' to 275', but have been reaching 300' with this disc fairly consistently).  Has become my favorite driver, despite its' inconsistency (about a third of my throws with this will anny low & just dive into the ground - the other 2/3s of the time are beautiful S-curves)

Blizzard Boss - straighter drives

Champion Wraith - when I need to fade more to the right

Champion Valk - shorter drives & to the left

Star FL - shorter straight drives

Z Flash or Surge SS - anny shots

Fairway/Midrange Drivers:

CFR Gator - great disc for multipurpose use, to include putting

Vibram Trak - my "go to disc," very reliable & doesn't stray too far away from basket after it hits the ground (especially the soft version), will also use to putt

Star Whippet - hard hyzer shots

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968