www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was wondering what excersices would be beneficial to helping strengthen my grip/throwing arm? Didn't know if anyone had any favorites... I'm new to the sport and want to increase my arm speed and learn how to snap the disc when I throw.

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pushups?
I know of the Powerball... a lot of disc golfers use that to strengthen their hands, wrists and forearms. Another thing would be using a weight with a rope and handles attached to it. You roll the rope up to you using both of your hands. That burns like hell fire. Good luck.

I think upper-body, legs, and arm exercises will give you the optimal results...since all of those muscle groups go into throwing a disc. that's my opinion though. Good luck.

Here's a link to the Powerball I mentioned above.
http://www.powerballs.com/
yea there is a machine at most gyms thats like the handle/rope/weight thing. you just twist a bar with your wrists and it works your forearms and grip.
When my tendonitis flared up a few months back I purchased a Dyna-Flex Powerball. It has reduced the inflammation in my arm as well as strengthened my grip. The thing is amazing. My arm hasnt felt this good in a long time. It was only $20 from Big 5 Sporting goods. I will be purchasing a nicer one with a Rev count and higher rev capabilities soon.

Any exercise to improve core strength and quickness will help improve your distance. Its not just in your arm.
powerball, you can get them at almost any sports store,,academy,play it again
I work in a pizza shop, there for I roll pizza dough to form the round balls, let me tell ya, after a full dough (70-80lbs) you'll definitely feel it in your forearms
When you are sitting around watching tv or doing nothing, get a damp dish/hand towel an snap it like you are trying to break skin on your buddy. You will know when you get a good snap. Just grip the towel like you would power grip your disc. As you probably know snap does more for your throws than anything. I have found this exercise to be very effective.
The rope and wieght is a great exersice for wrist strengthening, dont forget contol when unwinding it to, forearm curls work well also. Do 10 curls palms up, then 10 curls palms down x2, increase weight when it becomes to easy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968