So, which is more durable?

Did we ever decide?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going with Star on this one.

Taken from the Innova site:
Star Line
INNOVA’S new Star Line is created with a special blend of grippy, resilient polymers. Star Plastic offers the same outstanding durability of our regular Champion Plastic, plus improved grip like our Pro Plastic. Star discs have the same flight rating characteristics of Champion discs, although some Star discs may be slightly more high-speed stable. High performance, longevity, and superior grip make Innova Star discs the ideal choice for your game. Star Line discs will become available in our most popular disc models during the coming year. Watch for your favorite Star on the horizon.

Benefits:

* Provides predictable top performance
* Long-lasting durability even on wooded or rugged courses
* Good all-weather grip
* Ideal for those who like the durability of Champion plastic with the superior grip of Pro plastic
Im liking the star plastic over champion, but i havent thrown all that much champ ... so its a little bias
I like the star plastic because it doesn't skip as much as the champion plastic, but I think champion plastic stands up to abuse better. I played one round on a tight wooded course with a new star teebird, driving with it on about 50% of the time and it got nicked up pretty good. Doesn't seem to happen with champion discs.
This is just my opinion..

Star/ESP seems to beat in quickly, but hold that beat in quality for quite awhile. it is much grippier than champion plastic, but is a pain to see at night with LED's.also as previously stated, prone to nicks and deep scuffs.

Champion/Z seems to take forever to beat in, but once it's there, it stays that way for as long as you need it. the only thing I have seen scratch or nick champion plastic is an extremely hard surface (i.e. Teepad, road, ect.). Night visibility is excellent with the Use of LED's or glowsticks.

so in my opinion, Drivers that I feel I want to keep around for as long as possible (Crush, Surge, Teebird, Beast) I own in Champion plastic. Ones I use only some of the time, are in Star/ESP plastic (SL, Max, Pulse)
I didn't think there was much of a difference until yesterday. Threw a star stingray with some force and hit a tree head on. Nice dent in the nose. Think I bent it out decent enough, it's a stingray, so I'm not super worried about it being perfect. But that was a first for our little group of friends, champion or star. So until I see or do differently, I'll stay champion on my drivers :)
Star for sure, and it always seems to be a bit more understable than its counterparts in the same mold, at least for me
I'm going with Champion on this one. I have a Champ Teebird and a Star Teebird in the same weight. The star one has allready looks alot more beat in even though I have had it less time. The star one looks like its been though a discing war, while the champ one looks new execpt for a little ding and a few scuffs. The star one also feels a little bit more overstable than the Champ one.
Hmm, thats what I feared...

Oh well, guess I'll just have to pick up some champion discs instead of the star ones

Save a dollar and have it last longer.
I think Champion discs are more durable but are more overstable than the same mold in Star plastic, like Jack said. I prefer to throw Star plastic because I think its more grippy than Champ, and I like the stamp on the Star discs!
Oh, and the swirly colors on the Star discs rock.....
Champ is way more durable then Star.
I have hit over a thousand trees with a champion and it is still perfect...as soon as i throw anything else and hit a tree it messes it all up champion is def the most durable

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968