www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I BOUGHT A BOSS ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO AND THREW IT MULTIPLE TIMES AND IT JUST SEEMED TO BE A HIGH SPEED ROLLER. EVEN AFTER ADJUSTING THE ANGLE OF MY WRIST ON RELEASE IT JUST LAID OVER AND ROLLED. JUST WANTED TO SEE IF YOU GUYS HAD THE SAME EXPERIANCE.

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bought my two, threw them, and dyed them and threw them in my for sale box. One I sold the blue one is still up on Discaroo.
If it is flippy I need to find a green Boss
Boss=Good.
Actually, Great and beyond.
If you cannot learn how to throw it, it is not the fault of the disc.
I have a blue first run boss and it is not domey at all and it does fly a hair understable but not to much to where its a roller but just enough to get that long S pattern and Im pretty happy with it
you are not getting your angle of release correct if you are flipping a Boss over and getting it to roll...on one hand, you should feel pretty good about your throw if you can flip a Boss over and turn it into a roller, b/c it's hella OVERstable, even accouting for the differences in color/batch run...add more hyzer/less wrist roll and keep ripping...don't blame the disc, blame your arm/hand/wrist, b/c that's where the issue is...
I love this disc, one of my favs..even the R-Pro one. Not all discs are made for everybody and just because one or two people don't like it, then it doesn't make it a bad disc. I find this disc does exactly what it is supposed to based on Innova's disc rating system and have had three of them in champ plastic and they fly awesome.
Boss is good for me.
is it a regular boss or a 150 class pro r boss...my pro r boss will flip in my bag if i look at it funny.but if i release it with a vertical hyzer at 75% power it will go 400+ with ease ,but if i dont release smooth or try to over power it it will flip and roll
If your disc turns over too much it may be the amount of wobble you get when you release it. During my tournament days I changed my grip to the pinch grip in the middle of the season. The result was a much smoother release and more stability from the disc. Nothing back then was even close to the stability of the boss. The disc only accounts for some of the flight characteristics. Find a grip that allows for the smoothest release.
I don't know what that disc is, besides maybe a poorly made Boss, as they do not always, or even very often, make every disc the same as the rest.

I can throw my Boss on a turnover -roller angle and throw it 500 feet and it still lands on a spike hyzer line left of the fairway.
is this being thrown from a hill or flat ground?
Well, at first I was hesitant to get a Boss just because I thought it was a cheaters disc since anyone/everyone was throwing it. Finally I bought in, and the Champion Boss added another 50ft+ to my drives. I did notice the Champ Boss does tend to flip or not hyzer back in tailwinds. I got the Star Boss and this became my 80% drive disc. I use it from everything to hyzer shots, long distance straight shots, super long s-anhyzer flexs, and rollers. Bosses are perfect disc for sidearms with the extra width for balance. I think every disc is a little different and some discs have a tendency to get that sweet break-in point at different times. Some Bosses you will love from the get-go, others you may have to work in for a while. Once you have fine-tuned, they will become a lethal weapon in your bag.

I have three Star Bosses, two Champs and two R-Pro Bosses and I prefer the Star Boss over all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968