www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I BOUGHT A BOSS ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO AND THREW IT MULTIPLE TIMES AND IT JUST SEEMED TO BE A HIGH SPEED ROLLER. EVEN AFTER ADJUSTING THE ANGLE OF MY WRIST ON RELEASE IT JUST LAID OVER AND ROLLED. JUST WANTED TO SEE IF YOU GUYS HAD THE SAME EXPERIANCE.

Views: 419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sounds like you just got a really understable one for some reason?
It's fast but not as stable as I expected it to be.
it must of been misprinted, if it turned over for you then it wasn't a boss.
Either its not a boss or your just anhyzering it and you don't even realize. I flip my force over straight to the ground sometimes but its my throw not the disc. Try releasing it in a hyzer and see if it breaks flat or if it stays hyzered.
Every Boss is different. This is the result of having the really wide wing. I have bought and sold 90 of them so far and I've thrown many of them. One will be flippy like a Sidewinder and another will be overstable like a Firebird. It mostly goes by how domey they are.

Yours sounds like a bright green one. The bright green ones I had were really flippy. The blue ones have been overstable. I don't know if you can count one one color being like another, but my blue one was very useful as a headwind driver last weekend at Byron.
All of them I've seen are very stable, didn't pay attention to color though. The ones I've seen had no dome at all.
I have not seen any flat top Bosses and I've seen 100 of them. But if you're seeing flat top Bosses it just reinforces my point that there is a lot of variability in what is coming out of that mold. I've been told by the guys making them that it is due to the wide wing.
Are there any other discs that you are aware of with such a vast difference in stability within the same mold? I've heard of plastic types effecting stability, but nothing like this.
I haven't had the chance to throw enough Innova to be sure but a lot of people complain about the inconstancy in the plastic from batch to batch. The "Star" first runs fly way different than the 1x discs etc. etc..

Bruce Brakel said:
I have not seen any flat top Bosses and I've seen 100 of them. But if you're seeing flat top Bosses it just reinforces my point that there is a lot of variability in what is coming out of that mold. I've been told by the guys making them that it is due to the wide wing.
stop yelling....and get rid of innova.
Destroyer, Force, Epic, most of the wide wing discs have this problem. It is not an Innova thing. It is a wide wing thing.

Matt Sink said:
Are there any other discs that you are aware of with such a vast difference in stability within the same mold? I've heard of plastic types effecting stability, but nothing like this.
joshlotto said:
stop yelling....and get rid of innova.

thats loyalty!! haha.

what can I say, I throw whatever I want that I like and I can get to work for me no matter who makes it .

this same thing happened with the Excals when they came out, and it was also an issue with a particular color/domeiness.

I recall a discussion that mentioned certain colors will cool differently out of the same mold and therefore having something to do with the variances in a given model/type/mold or whatever.? not sure though.

can always try trading it on Discaroo.com :)
but I wouldn't chalk it up as a "bad" disc and never touch another one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968