www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hudson Mills this year has started making players pay to play. It costs $2 a round, or you can purchase a bag tag for $50 annualy. This cost is in addition to parking passes that cost $4 dollars for a day or $20 annualy. Was wondering if any other parks are also starting to charge just to play Disc Golf. Also I am pretty torn on the issue. I think that it is good and inevitable for the image of the sport. But also Disc Golf is gaining more and more popularity in part due to its affordability.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

discs definitely aren't free. i just became a bit more serious about discin this past summer but when I returned to college at the end of August I started to play a lot. In the past month and a half have spent over 140 bucks on discs, so I'd have to say it's not free, but you get what you pay for.

still, i play golf here at school and 140 is equivalent to just one of my clubs. i guess you get what you pay for though ha ha
I do know this also goes on and always has. Not saying it's the case here from anyone because I don't know people here and their characters. But too often the loudest complainers are the ones who do the least, if anything, to help out.
Please be sure to do any little thing you can do to help make the experience better for every one. Sometimes all that takes is picking up trash you see as you play the course. Of course volunteering with the local club or course is even better. ;)
from what i have seen Russian Jack Springs DGC is still the reigning champ in overcharging for a day pass (this is a 9 hole course)at 11 on weekdays and 13 on weekends
Ive paid a dollar for a day pass to Play Hunington Beach multiple times and I dont mind because its a great course and it helps maintain the "pro shop" they have there

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968