www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Someone please help me with this issue. I carry a driver in one hand and a putter in the other. I want to learn how and when to use other discs just haven't gotten there yet. what are some of the basics for throwing and putting. Heavier discs for wind and lighter ones for stagnent air??Somebody help me with this problem. I see people on the course behind my house with bags of different discs. What are they for???Now don't you guys give me a hard time for not knowing this, I'll bet most of you had now idea when you got started either, so help me out here???I do have a pretty good forearm throw for my long drives, then I revert to a backhand throw for medium range, and then of course theres the putt movement...

Tags: driving, putting, throwing, wind

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Having many discs is not always needed... do you find yourself really turning over your driver?

If so, then it may be time for a new one (not so beat up) or time to step-up to a more stable solution.

One thing to remember, snap is more important that arm speed... now saying that, I would try to improve your snap so you can use multiple discs and get different results.

One way to improve your snap is by getting an equalizer, I added 80+ feet to my drive with one. I also had to start throwing more stable discs and leave the sidewinders, etc at home. Once you start throwing more stable discs, I think you start to become a little more accurate... my 2 cents + inflation
Well everything that I would want to say to someone on this issue for sure, alot of GREAT advice here for sure. The only thing I can can add to this is GET A ROC!

And above all never loose your sense of humor!
I would not suggest different weights and such, that would be quite annoying. I started out light, then jumped right into the 170 grams

The other discs would be different drivers for different situations, etc.

Then there is mid-range discs. Used for shorter drives and control 50+ feet approaches *note: I really don't think there's much luck with side-arming midranges, but thats just me*

If you want to know about choosing new drivers or midranges, I could help :)

Lastly, ditch the forearm, go all backhand. Forearm is mostly used to get out of trouble, but its a semi-useful drive for some courses.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968