www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A place to post your local club or league's accumulating ace pot.

Tags: ace, adga, disc, golf, pot

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, we do cap ours so that if someone hits an ace the week after its not only worth like $10, and the guy the week before got $800.
I know some people say "well then you should have got the ace when it was worth $800" But seriously think how you will feel when you are on the recieving end of the $10.

eric beich said:
while part of me likes the idea of hitting a huge ace pot, I also like the idea of capping them at some number..like 400 or 500, and then starting a new one.
We leave a percentage to start the new ace pot and it too worked pretty well when I ran the mini at Jimmy Porter and Lake Lewisville both. If you are a member, current holder of a club tag, and you hit an ace, you leave 10% in the pot to start the new ace pot. If, on the otherhand, you are a non-member, you leave 20% in the pot.
So in short, if a non-member were to hit our current ace pot of 476.00, he would only get 380.00 and the new ace pot would start at 96.00.
We sell the bag tags for course improvement funds as well, and non-members pay an extra two dollars to enter the mini.
It makes the twenty dollar tag resonable and if you plan on playing ten weeks out of the year, you break even.
I just found out that Z-Boaz park in Fort Worth, TX has an ace pot over $750. I think it's time to start heading out to the Almighty Z on sunday afternoons.
hehe.
well. I did not know that . it's been a few months since Ive been able to afford to even come to a mini at the Vet.

I know.. $8 . yeah.. I'm that broke.

and figuring Ive hit one ace in 20 years.. haha.
clearwater BFO random draw doubles has a cap at around 420 dollars, anyone else put a cap on it to carry over to the next ace?
My traveling ace pool got hit by Grizzly Dave Milewski last Sunday for $90, plus the tourny ace pot at $98, and he won the basket toss. Good day for him. My Tuesday night glow league at Grand Woods, Lansing, MI, is up to $97. A little south at Coldbrook (08' Worlds course) the Saturday doubles ace pool is around $450+. People are coming out of the wood work no matter what the weather. We played in a foot of fresh while it was still coming down last Saturday.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968