www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Come on Ann Arbor (A3, 101 and those who just play) let's do something about this course. I've been wanting to for awhile, and I see no reason why we can't and shouldn't sometimes next year. There is some potential there, to have a decent, playable upshot practice course. It's never been marked, never been maintained, all grown in and no one ever plays it. Most locals forgot about it or never heard of it, yet you can walk to downtown. I think it'd be nice for out-of-town tailgaters to play when they come to U of M football games. High school kids might actually pick up on this game if it was in a decent shape at all.
We could get permission to work on it, maybe re-design it and get some sort of signs in there. I am willing to do a ton of work if anyone else thinks it can or should be done and will help me get permission and do it, assuming I am in the area still next year. It's basically a waste of 9 great baskets as it stands. I see it being a good place to get a real quick putter round in someday.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i could never find my way around it.
I'll help all I can, It is in a good spot but the Ivy is taken over on alot of holes. When I played it last I walked up on a couple kids making out on hole 3 so I'm sure their a need for something to be there
I'll help. Worthwhile to have usable baskets in that part of town. Right, Gabriel - ivy is a particularly bad issue there.
is ivy less potent in winter? i guess we'd be covered up more at least.
no less potent, but leaves r gone, and buried under snow.
it can be solved mainly by getting a pushmower in there and mowing up to the edge of the fairways often.
Mud-can't really be solved there unless we change the holes around and build a couple pallet-bridges.
I like the idea of a re design ben there is a lot of unused space their and we could make the holes a bit longer or put more in. either way lets get something going ill see if i can get more baskets donated.
Since I'm still out of town, maybe someone can get it going now. There are some woods across 7th Ave from the course, large and unused, and I think owned by the city too. It'd be better moved over there- old growth forest like Brown 9-11 in the old days, not saplings and ivy and mud.

Garrett Graham said:
I like the idea of a re design ben there is a lot of unused space their and we could make the holes a bit longer or put more in. either way lets get something going ill see if i can get more baskets donated.
If we leave it as is we need to widen almost all of the fairways. i think make most of them longer while we are at it. I can probably get some posts for cheap and would donate them and my time putting them in with distance on them. lets try and get this going now so we can do some clearing while their are no leaves on the trees
hell yeah! i've heard of the course before, but never played it. i'll definitely help in reviving the course!
who would i need to contact ben or should i ask your dad about that

Ben Calhoun said:
Since I'm still out of town, maybe someone can get it going now. There are some woods across 7th Ave from the course, large and unused, and I think owned by the city too. It'd be better moved over there- old growth forest like Brown 9-11 in the old days, not saplings and ivy and mud.

Garrett Graham said:
I like the idea of a re design ben there is a lot of unused space their and we could make the holes a bit longer or put more in. either way lets get something going ill see if i can get more baskets donated.
I'd ask my dad, but I believe it is school-owned baskets, definitely school-owned land. If you call them and ask around you may eventually be led to someone who knows WHAT disc golf is, lol. I can see extending some holes, widening fairways, making signs, mud-bridges and some ivy killing (though they may not approve a darn thing because it is sort of a nature sanctuary and was built mostly on trails). Yet, most of what we need to cut is an invasive species that the city regularly attacks with the help of volunteers, Buckthorn.

Garrett Graham said:
who would i need to contact ben or should i ask your dad about that

Ben Calhoun said:
Since I'm still out of town, maybe someone can get it going now. There are some woods across 7th Ave from the course, large and unused, and I think owned by the city too. It'd be better moved over there- old growth forest like Brown 9-11 in the old days, not saplings and ivy and mud.

Garrett Graham said:
I like the idea of a re design ben there is a lot of unused space their and we could make the holes a bit longer or put more in. either way lets get something going ill see if i can get more baskets donated.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…
 

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968