www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am interested to see if anyone has a good set of plans to build your own basket for the backyard?

Views: 17184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please someone has got to have these plans. My buddy Wade has made baskets before for cheap. But I havent bothered to ask how.
They are available to buy for $10-20 bones but figured somebody had them out there...
i start with a 24 inch bicycle rim. drill 18 holes in it around the edge. go buy some s-hooks from lowes, 18 of them. im sure there is something a lot cheaper you could substitute, but for durability, i went with the metal s-hooks. i bought 18 chains each being 36 inches in length. i bought a 2.5 inch metal ring small enough in wire diameter so i could lop the chains through it. i bought a fence post for about 6 dollars at lowes. i took it home, pieced it together and then came the hard part. the basket. what i ended up using was a 26 inch cage fan, one you might find in a metal shop. i cut the center out of that and used ring clamps to hold it on the pin, one on top of the basket and one on the bottom. there are many ways to build baskets, but the key to it i think is the chains and the basket. those are the two places your disc can be in and it count as a hole-out. dont skimp with light chains, and as long as it looks like a basket at the end, maybe even if its from 50 feet away, you're good because in your mind you're thinking "basket" and when you go to the disc golf course you dont have to say "man i was shooting good on my contraption at home" you can say "man i was shooting good on my BASKET at home". the final cost was about $50. it was fun to build and inexpensive. BUT i dont have it anymore because my sister left it outside and someone apparently liked the looks if it enough to want to steal it and there it went. so keep your eye on your baskets at home, people are desperate for a good target these days but dont want to put the time or money into it themselves. so if you build one, happy hucking and keep an eye on your bucket.
Seen this and have !!!

http://www.flyingdischunter.com/
I figure just buy an m-14....
I sat here for a moment thinking on where I saw someone on the internet that advertised that he made baskets.. Donny answered it for me though. Nice research Donny. Does anyone have Chainstar/Discatcher 'ish plans?? I know Innova has the drawings on their website but.. I'd like to see someone else's rendition of a home made basket of that caliber. Not saying that the under $65 total cost flyingdischunter basket doesn't hold up... or isn't any good. I can't slam it, because I haven't built one. I'd like to see other peoples attempts though.
i think after all is said and done buying a travel basket is so much easier, probably cheaper to
I designed my own semi-portable basket. it can be found here http://charleswolf.wordpress.com/2009/05/19/disc-golf-target/
Here are a few pics of my home made tire basket
Attachments:
This is a great alternative

http://www.discgolfbasket.com

I've seen it - nicely done.
I agree!
Unless you are bored and have some junk laying around that you can build a basket from, it is not worth it to drive around and buy parts.
You can get a basket delivered to your doorstep in a couple of days fairly cheap.
The Ching basket is durable and portable. The M-14 breaks down to just the basket.
The Mach Lite is a full size portable.
For a couple of hundred, the lightning DB-5 is Indestructible and will outlive all of us!
http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/lightning-db5-p-1615.html?os...
Chains are the biggest cost of the entire basket. Chains are expensive.
I made my first basket out of a PVC plastic pole, a tire, plywood, and I used smaller round PVC plastic for the chains but I just hung one straight pipe all the way down into the tire so it could swing in, but not out.
I got the idea from a big plastic basket they used to sell a while back. I have not seen one in awhile.
Somebody find a picture of this old basket with the plastic stick chains......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968