just wondering what everyone does for lighting up non candy plastic
iv'e heard taping a glow stick on top
cutting open a glow stick and putting the goo on the disc
ect.ect.
but what do you do?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have approx. 25 glow dx disc..makes it easy. I have played glow mini with the mini chemlights taped under.
dude just tape the glow stick to the bottom unless its real dark it will still shine threw if its to dark then use some lighter colored discs or transparent champion discs, seen other people tape them to the top, seams like it comes off pretty easy when you throw it, plus when it flips over it can be hard to find, a guy in our group lost one like that, me i have a glow roc, and glow aviar and a glow ce cfr eagle , and three somewhat transparent champion drivers ( beast, sidewinder, firebird ) that i tape glow sticks to the bottom, this combo worked very well for me i placed fourth out of a group of about 30 other players, man i love night tournaments !!
just tape the light to the top of the disc, people say it messes up the disc flight but ive never had it affect me
They make a LED you can cut into the center of the disc now. Sun King has em... http://www.sunkingdiscs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdI...
Throw close to the basket! No lights needed.
The sell small LED lights at Dick's Sporting Goods in the fishing section. They are small and very bright. They click on and off so you can use them more than once! Can't remember how much I paid for them but it was under $3.00 each but as long as you turn them off after a round you can use them several times.
I always use led's and tape them on top of the disc. it makes the disc a little more understable but just use a little more stable disc and you wont have to worry about it. I love playing at night....Really peacefull.....until the park ranger decides to be a jerk and kick us out....
Red LED lights that are used for fishing bobbers, taped to the op of the disc with clear duct tape. It will impact the stability a little.
LEDs taped on top, with the push /pull switch, you can turn em off when you're not using them, saw some twist-operated ones for awhile, pretty much had to leave those on...
for darker parks the little glowstcks work fine also and are cheaper, we've found using good 3M clear duct-tape and going right over them centered on top is best...
whenever taping I try to center the light on top and contour around it to prevent air from gettin under- Ive had the tape pull off stamps however so use all your normal plastic but maybe not the ones with a sentimental stamp...
yeah- I'm all for the led lights. I got them for like a dollar or two each out here in MN at fairwayflyerz. You could order them online at fairwayflyerz.com if you can't find them anywhere else. They worked great for playing night golf in the fall and this winter in the snow. I have played maybe 10 rounds with them and they are still working. I taped them on top and didn't really notice a difference in the flight of my discs.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968