www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

hey everyone tells me it is funner to play in the snow is that true

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me anyways, it was a pretty miserable experience. I lived in MN for 22 years, then moved to San Antonio. While visiting last year over Christmas, I decided to give it a try. The snow wasn't so bad, it was the ice that killed me. I was on the ground after half my throws! The 50 degree change in weather for me was also interesting. I will definately give it another try here in a few weeks when I'm back home.
this is my first winter since i started but i would assume its better than being a couch potato all winter and not playing. plus it improves your snap and form because alot of times it is too deep or slick for a run up, so you have no choice but to use all arm and wrist! if nothing else get out and just practice your putting!
This will also be my first time throwing on the glorious white powder (snow of course) and its been a blast so far. I live in a suburb right outside of chicago and we've had 3-5 inches since monday. I threw on monday and today and as long as you are dressed appropriately, willing to clean off tee's (if you're the first one's there, plus it totally slows down game play) and have enough towels you should be alright. I like the cold just not the things it comes with i.e. snow, black ice and christmas. i consider myself a cold blooded person, meaning i ENJOY playing in 20 degree or below weather. I'd say get out there and throw in the snow if you've never done it before, just dont use white discs.
Snow ? Oh...............up in the Mountains towards Los Angeles !!!!!
Its a BLAST. Just becareful when you plant your foot. Make sure you check where your likely to plant so that the snow is slightly cleared before you end up doing the splits.
For about the first 3 holes, or the first round ever.
It's all about getting out and playing. There isn't much pressure to throw your longest drives or you'll end up on your butt. That's another fun thing about it, you get to watch some of your friends fall down and as long as nobody gets hurt it's quite hilarious and after you watch some one go down and laugh at them for sure you will be next to go down in shame. A good idea is to have a couple of hand warmers in your pockets, believe me they are worth the money. Hope to see you out there Ashley. See ya.
We don't get much snow in Oklahoma but we do get a lot of ice sometimes. Last year we played on 4 inches of ice, talk about slowing down. How about having to crawl up any elevation or sliding down to the basket to retreive a putt, then having to crawl on your hands and knees back up. Discs do crzay stuff on the ice, I have seen them stand straght up and spin for what seems like forever. Or slide a driver almost 300ft on its top.

When ever we get any kind of snow or ice, we are out there that day. Some of the most fun times I have ever had. Laughed so hard I hurt the next day from it. We never miss the chance here.
Eh... I'm not sure if I'd love playing in the snow. For one .. I have a problem of losing discs when there isn't snow. I'd imagine losing a disc per round if I tried. I'm sure I'd have to buy a bunch of dayglo discs to help me out.
I don't mind as long as the WIND is calm and the snow is not too deep.

We're playing near the slopes this weekend.

Look-out skiers and boarders!
once a year is all it seems like here in Tejas, so yeah, it's alot of fun

now if I lived up north, like the six months of winter I spent in South Bend, it'd probably be a little less fun, but I still played every chance I got, which was still twice a week or more

I also consider myself lucky enough to have played in Colorado in the snow, Aspen one year a week before Labor day and there was snow on the ground, same with Vail and Copper Mountain, and then one year a week after Memorial day we had a fresh eight inches of snow

it was hard enough throwing on flat ground, but when flatlanders from Texas go to the mountains, and then you throw in the snow, and uneven tees, what a riot
we're just lucky in Texas, especially when you consider your entire attire changes, from shoes to boots, t-shirts to coats etc etc etc
but then on the flip side, y'all don't have to worry about trying to play in 105 temps in July and August, that really is NO FUN

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968