www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just curious, if someone asks how many aces, should you count 160 to 200 foot ace race aces in the total? I either have one or two aces, just not sure whether or not to count the ace race one...

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

an ace is an ace it counts in my book
YES
an ace is if you stand on the tee and throw and it goes into the basket. doesnt matter if its a tee they made soley for that event its an ace !!!
I count mine!
I guess I had better redo my stats, ... I have five Ace Race aces which I never even thought of counting! I do count the one Ace I got while playing against another player. I also have never counted any practice shots which happen to have been aces, ...I take those as part of my warm up.
One shot, one disc. I count mine but I joke around by saying that I have 3.5 aces instead of 4 (1 was an ace race).
as the others said it counts
It definitely doesn't count if someone takes 30 discs out to the shortest hole on the course and throws until they get one. Or play day and night on only the shortest holes ever (cough cough Cubby cough). I think an Ace Race event is more similar to a "Fairway Ace" then a real one.

How about this, (to further complicate the question): In a sanctioned tournament, a player throws OB from the tee, say for example over water, and must take a re-tee. Now throwing shot number 3, from the tee, he bangs the chains. Is it still an ace? It certainly wouldn't be on the scorecard. Como Park hole 14 in Buffalo NY is a great example if anyones been there.
I realized you dont have to go much further than the name of the event to establish that its an ace.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968