www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the largest U.S. city currently without a disc golf course in its city limits?

Got to thinking about that question on a plane ride home from a trip out to Palm Springs, CA this week. I was all-set to pack some discs in my suitcase and play a few rounds while I was out there this week...only to see on pdga.com that the nearest disc golf course wasn't even in Palm Springs...it was around 12 miles away in Palm Desert. I couldn't believe it...a city of over 43,000 in the State that gave birth to our wonderful sport, didn't have a single disc golf course within a 15-mile cab ride.

I'm sure there are MUCH, MUCH bigger cities out there without any disc golf courses, but in California?! Sheesh. Looks like somebody is going to have to write a few emails to mayors and city council members of that fine, fair city...saying "What gives?!" ;-)

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Atlanta, GA -- no courses within 15 miles of the center of downtown or within city limits....expressed in traffic terms thats no courses within 1+ hour drive after work monday-friday! (although plenty in the "metro" area)
Sure, there aren't any in mid-town, but you have several within 15-20 miles of downtown, and they're nicely spread around the perimeter. If I had Redan, Lenora, Deer Lick, etc. within an hour of my house I'd be pretty happy! Too bad that Atlanta lost it's first disc golf course, which was in Chastain Park just north of Buckhead...
Honolulu, HI -- There are no permanent courses here period (population 1,000,000) ! Top that. Imagine living on an island with no DG courses, period......at least there's surf....Be thankful that you at least have somewhere you can drive to and play an actual dg course....
I second that Allen... Just imagine if we went to lets say CA and uprooted every course they had. Then how would that feel to them? Just like it feels to us.
I saw a new course listed for Hawaii in the latest FDM. Is this not a permanent course?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968