www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

DISCTIONARY, an informative book that introduces and defines words specific to the game, resulting from the game and surrounding the game of disc golf, like the word DISCTIONARY itself.

Here's the details - submit any and all words that are NEWLY CREATED WORDS to be included in a fun and ficticious book for all disc golfers, "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". This will be an informative book that introduces and defines words specific to the game, resulting from the game and surrounding the game of disc golf, like the word DISCTIONARY itself. PLEASE, when submitting words include the word, the definition and an example of the word used in a sentence and MOST OF ALL make certain that all submissions are appropriate the the rules of the site. now for the disclaimer - anyone submitting a word to "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" is allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated use of any submissions within "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" the "Disctionary" group/forum or any other usage by "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". All submitters, by doing so are allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated permission to print, relay or convey that submission without any compensation to the submitter other than crediting the submission to their name, if that is the choice of the submitter. All submissions become property of "The Disctionary" 2008, Disceditied by "Disceditor", "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor", "Disctionary", "the-disc-tion-ary.com", "Craig Prime", "michiganartist", "godiscn.com", "the-disc-tion-ary.net", "lil charlie bishop" and so on and so on and so on until you get tired of me telling you that I own any and all ficticious words that you post, once thay are posted and appear in print. SO LET'S START SUBMITTING ! have fun, think about what you submit and most of all, keep it appropriate for anyone to read. BE CREATIVE, IT"S FUN !

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Intreegued - When a throw you make hits a tree or ends up in one , its called an Intreeguing shot.
We call that a Digger up here in South Dakota.
Discappointed-

Story of my disc career.
Buzzard: Is someone who makes a great putt, or a shot that I cant or didnt make. Its usually someone in my group or division in a tournament. "they are all buzzards"
maybe Stancil will be in contact with me through this web page.
I started playing in 1978 and always carried my notepad to record what disc golfers said during the rounds. I have a bunch of
"oh s--- 's and many
%%#^*^^$%^ type entries but some of the 30 years of recording words is printable.
peace
Trejected. Combination of Tree and Rejected, like Trenied. Tree denied.

Usually a tree jection bounces your disc back in the opposite direction.

Basket jected is also common with our group.

This weekend I heard a new term describing the metal ring around the top of the basket that the chains are connected to. Someone called it the "chastity belt" after it was pinged because it kept the disc from going in.
Ok I got a few I've tossed around...

1. Shule- Thick undergrowth or brush off the side of the fairway(sometimes in) usually resulting in no follow up shot.

2. Deep Shule - very thick undergrowth or brush usually resulting in a search party and wilderness guide to find your way out.

3. Bloody Shule - Shule consisting of thorny vines, bramble or thicket that requires some sort of first aid upon exiting.

4. Shuler - someone who consistantly finds the shule.

5. Lumber yard - Area of large growth trees....Lums Pond

6. Surewood Forest - Area of course where hitting a tree is inevitable...surely your going hit wood.

7. Black Ace - A hole-in-one to the wrong basket or target...usually resulting in reverse payment.
....and a couple more I forgot to add...there's always a couple more.

8. Disctriever - Any device fashioned in a way as to retrieve disc's from trees, ponds, that crazy old mans backyard/roof, etc.

9. Squid - Any person who puposely retrieves other's discs in water holes, by means of actually going in...sometimes for monetary gratuity.
BECKER- The Sound the yellow band makes when your disc hits it. Named after the Idaho legend Charlie BECKER who hit it no matter how far from the pin he was, 10 to 50 ft.
haven't seen this one yet...

:Tweener- the obvious and inevitable putt/upshot/drive that forces you to throw in between two trees.
"TINK", the sound a disc makes when it hits the top band of the basket.
"DOINK" when your disc hits the bottom of the basket.
"DISCAHOLIC" What we are. And denial is the first sign of addiction.
"Wusup" Short lame shot.
"Monkey paw" When you forget to let go of the disc and it flys sideways or behind you.
"HORKIN" When you hork one way out there. Good long shot.
"NOTHING" an exclamation when someone is expected to make the shot but fails. or, "is that your shot?"
"TRIMMING" When a disc clips leaves from a tree or bush during flight.
Finger-F**ked: When a tiny little branch that you can't see knocks your disc off it's flight path, usually somewhat violently.
Trampolined: Either when a putt hits the nubs nose up and shoots into the air or when a hit branch acts like a spring, giving a bit and then shooting your disc off in a completely different direction.

And at the '05 USADGC you could've been "Tafe-d" if your putter missed from 20' and then rolled back and forth across the fairway to about 120'!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968