www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

DISCTIONARY, an informative book that introduces and defines words specific to the game, resulting from the game and surrounding the game of disc golf, like the word DISCTIONARY itself.

Here's the details - submit any and all words that are NEWLY CREATED WORDS to be included in a fun and ficticious book for all disc golfers, "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". This will be an informative book that introduces and defines words specific to the game, resulting from the game and surrounding the game of disc golf, like the word DISCTIONARY itself. PLEASE, when submitting words include the word, the definition and an example of the word used in a sentence and MOST OF ALL make certain that all submissions are appropriate the the rules of the site. now for the disclaimer - anyone submitting a word to "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" is allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated use of any submissions within "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" the "Disctionary" group/forum or any other usage by "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". All submitters, by doing so are allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated permission to print, relay or convey that submission without any compensation to the submitter other than crediting the submission to their name, if that is the choice of the submitter. All submissions become property of "The Disctionary" 2008, Disceditied by "Disceditor", "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor", "Disctionary", "the-disc-tion-ary.com", "Craig Prime", "michiganartist", "godiscn.com", "the-disc-tion-ary.net", "lil charlie bishop" and so on and so on and so on until you get tired of me telling you that I own any and all ficticious words that you post, once thay are posted and appear in print. SO LET'S START SUBMITTING ! have fun, think about what you submit and most of all, keep it appropriate for anyone to read. BE CREATIVE, IT"S FUN !

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a few:

a WALLMART SHOT: When a shot hits on edge and 'rolls back'
MOOKS: Almost all teenage male players that haven't been taught proper course etiquette, putt with a driver and play in groups of 7-12.
MOOKTAR: The leader, or the one mook player that actually has more than one disc, and shows the others where the next tee is.
MUDDLESOME, or to MUDDLE: anytime you combine two or more groups to make one massive one, sometimes necessary when everybody pitched in for the beer and don't want to get separated from the dude with a cart to carry said beers.
GARGA or GARGAMEL: Somebody's old lady that doesn't know how to play and has to walk against the course flow just to come out and "get something" from a player but she looks like she should be in the band at Jabba's palace. Could also be any unattractive woman, or just a lame shot.
I like to use "killing smurfs" to describe the same thing
also can be used to describe a hole where "par" is argued. "Hole 6 is a tweener hole. Its not really tough enough to be a par 4, but its way too tough to be a par 3"
Those are good...they'd fit right in 'round here!!! ....now I got to clean the mountain dew off my screen.
Local Route a) when a player throws a shot clearly unintentially or purposefully which miraculously finds the pin or the fairway. b) alocal to the course throws a route that would not be obvious to a first time player of the course. (both definitions work only for wooded courses or courses with a lot of obstacles)
"Nice shot, way to take the local route"
...here's a couple more.

10. Fly By - A putt or short approach that passes the chains in very close proximity without touching. Usually ends up as far or farther away than the previous shot...sometimes followed by the comment "your still out".

11. Norpedo - Out of control sidearm or forehand shot that careens dangerously off course....sometimes into the ground or adjacent obstacle.
How bout a chapter for some Zeppy-isms?

Chippewa Naaaaation..
Butternut Squash..

the list goes on and on..
tree-mendous=a perfect line drive into the nearest tree
x-tree special = same as above
tree-jectory..the shot you take that puts your plastic on line with the nearest tree
I heard a new one this weekend and it might just be a Kansas thing...

"BTK land" ~ Park City
I've always called that a lawn dart.
"mmmmmm.... that looks tasty." :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968