www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

DISCTIONARY, an informative book that introduces and defines words specific to the game, resulting from the game and surrounding the game of disc golf, like the word DISCTIONARY itself.

Here's the details - submit any and all words that are NEWLY CREATED WORDS to be included in a fun and ficticious book for all disc golfers, "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". This will be an informative book that introduces and defines words specific to the game, resulting from the game and surrounding the game of disc golf, like the word DISCTIONARY itself. PLEASE, when submitting words include the word, the definition and an example of the word used in a sentence and MOST OF ALL make certain that all submissions are appropriate the the rules of the site. now for the disclaimer - anyone submitting a word to "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" is allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated use of any submissions within "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" the "Disctionary" group/forum or any other usage by "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". All submitters, by doing so are allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated permission to print, relay or convey that submission without any compensation to the submitter other than crediting the submission to their name, if that is the choice of the submitter. All submissions become property of "The Disctionary" 2008, Disceditied by "Disceditor", "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor", "Disctionary", "the-disc-tion-ary.com", "Craig Prime", "michiganartist", "godiscn.com", "the-disc-tion-ary.net", "lil charlie bishop" and so on and so on and so on until you get tired of me telling you that I own any and all ficticious words that you post, once thay are posted and appear in print. SO LET'S START SUBMITTING ! have fun, think about what you submit and most of all, keep it appropriate for anyone to read. BE CREATIVE, IT"S FUN !

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

there is also DISCRIBE not to be confused with discribing - this pertains to when your buddy tries to discribe to you how he aced a 450 foot dog legg that on any other day he is lucky to get half way there, oh and by the way he was by himself
disciple - not to be confused with teaching someone the holy word but to teach newbies about the other holiest of sports, disc golf ( holiest of sports get it, ahhh i kill myself, lord i apoligize send me down with the pigmys in new guiny )
this brings me to the next word that relates to discfuntional and that is - DISCVORCE
this is what my wife threatens me with if i dont stop playing so much disc golf and or spending so much time on this site, wait a minute fellas, no honey i am not on that disc golf site again, this is work related
BRANCH MANAGER When your disc gets its flight altered by a 'branch' of a tree. "My disc met the 'branch manager,"
WIERD AL YOUR DISC When you throw a wild disc.... way away from the target... A WIERD AL YOUR DISC throw.
SKIPPER A skip shot
GILLIGAN A skip shot stops dead in its tracks -- no skip.
PARKED When you disc lands next to the basket, a drop in putt.
MAXI-PAD Long Pad "Long Tee"
SKIRT IS Showing When you throw a very short drive -- not your usual distance (NO OFFENSE LADIES -- some of you can out drive the men)
shank: an action describing a bad throw, or someone's comment on how bad a throw is..........
wormburner: when your disc dosen't fly very high and either digs into the ground or skims along the grass............
Tree Love = When your disc gets a favorable re-direct from a tree.
TOMMY-SLIDE a.k.a. THUMB-SLIDE a.k.a. TOMATO:
A disc that is thrown overhand (Tomahawk or Thumber), purposely putting the disc on it's top to make the disc slide; think roller without turning... used in 'sad' situations, bad lies, tree infested areas.

"Nice! - You parked that Tommy-slide right under the basket"
Treenied = A tree denying distance down the fariway or to the target.
Discobulus, athlete throwing the discus. Dating back to the 5th century BC.
DISCLAIMER - this what you call the person playing behind you who picks up your disc you forgot to pick up the hole before and when you go back to get it he says nope i dont have it ( lost my favorite z buzzz that way, arrg!!! darned discpirates, may the boges be with you!!! )
members bounce:
very simular to "Montana Pat's" "TREE LOVE" except a members bounce is when your disc hits a tree and goes into the basket..........and all your pals say good thing you paid membership dues this year

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968