www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

DISCTIONARY, an informative book that introduces and defines words specific to the game, resulting from the game and surrounding the game of disc golf, like the word DISCTIONARY itself.

Here's the details - submit any and all words that are NEWLY CREATED WORDS to be included in a fun and ficticious book for all disc golfers, "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". This will be an informative book that introduces and defines words specific to the game, resulting from the game and surrounding the game of disc golf, like the word DISCTIONARY itself. PLEASE, when submitting words include the word, the definition and an example of the word used in a sentence and MOST OF ALL make certain that all submissions are appropriate the the rules of the site. now for the disclaimer - anyone submitting a word to "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" is allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated use of any submissions within "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" the "Disctionary" group/forum or any other usage by "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor". All submitters, by doing so are allowing "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor" full and unobligated permission to print, relay or convey that submission without any compensation to the submitter other than crediting the submission to their name, if that is the choice of the submitter. All submissions become property of "The Disctionary" 2008, Disceditied by "Disceditor", "The Disctionary 2008, Disceditied by Disceditor", "Disctionary", "the-disc-tion-ary.com", "Craig Prime", "michiganartist", "godiscn.com", "the-disc-tion-ary.net", "lil charlie bishop" and so on and so on and so on until you get tired of me telling you that I own any and all ficticious words that you post, once thay are posted and appear in print. SO LET'S START SUBMITTING ! have fun, think about what you submit and most of all, keep it appropriate for anyone to read. BE CREATIVE, IT"S FUN !

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ROYCEING.......i have a friend named royce who impaled his hand on a moose chewed alder branch(think of a spike) so now when we throw out of the trees we always say "DONT ROYCE YOUR SELF"
RTS Disc: "Return to Sender"
When you putt and hit the basket or "denial band (yellow strip atop the basket)" and the disc lands on edge and rolls back to where or near where you just putted from.
TreeHyzer- Getting a little friendly help from a tree that directs your shot to a favorable lie. (On purpose or Other)
DISCGUSTED - totally explains my feelings when the snow is falling at 1-2" per hour, winds are gusting to 50mph and I try NOT to imagine the work ahead on 18 tee pads that I shoveled last Thursday

Mass. lingo:

Snapajawea - When a player throws a disc and you hear the snap.

Torquenowitzki - when you reach back and bomb one.

Ken Grippey Jr./Sr. - when you grip lock , Jr. for a minor grip lock Sr. for a major grip lock.

(also Cal Gripken  , Fred Mcgrip)

Aiming Fluid / Swing Oil - when you take a drink before a shot to improve the outcome

KABOOM - an absolute bomb drive

Park City Utah - a parked shot

Plinko. When the disc bounces off two or more trees and you aren't sure where it will end up.

improperty -

disc or intellectual right that wrongfully becomes the property of someone else even though one's name is on it.

Scumbag. The kid on the bike who just snagged a disc.

in FL we say "You niced me"

Blow By: when the disc blows by the basket

Discatary: the verbiage that is spoken like commentary during round

Nicoled: when the player has so many substances in themselves that thier game dies

Turkey-  When you Hit 3 Birdies in a row.

Double Turkey- When you hit 6 Birdies in a row....

Tree screw = when it looks like your disc will receive "tree love", but gets used up and spit out instead.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968