www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Man, this winter is particularly wet/cold here in the NW. I have had the disc golf jones for about two weeks now with no way to satisfy 'em. What do you do to feed the addiction?

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been freezing my arse off and playing anyway, and our weather is colder than yours! (im in Boise and Dion is on Portland). Come our way and you can get really cold and then enjoy the heat wave at home.

Jordan
Jordan, I feel your pain, man! I'm in Iowa, and this winter has been particularly cold & snowy. We usually get a few inches before new years, but they always melt right away - and this year we've been snow covered since Thanksgiving! Thank GOD I'm headed to Atlanta again for work. This time I'll MAKE time to play... ha!
What I do to feed the addiction is to just play man. However it will require the right gear to do so..

Play on the weekends and be derelict from work whenever you can. Get some performance gear like capilene base layer, fleece mid layer, and goretex outer layer with boots and you can always add some sheet metal screws to the bottom of your boots. Get lots of D plastic and FLX plastic and towels. Take extra time to warm up and have fun! Last year I played an extreme weather tournament with about 30 people. The temp was -3F at teeoff and with wind chill down to -18. Visibility was less then 200 ft. The junior world champion almost died of frostbite when he fell though a river. Oh yes, anything is possible as long as you have the right gear. and booze.
Oh yes, gotta have lots of aiming juice to keep your innards warm!

The right gear is essential, without it, golf isn't much fun.

Jordan
Well...

I'm not much of a drinker, so the juice isn't going to solve my problems - but I did manage to get a few holes in yesterday! I drove down to Eugene to meet up with some guys and trade/buy some plastic. I got 5 star classic rocs and an 11X KC PRO Gazelle. I think I made out pretty well...

Been playing almost everyday up here in Syracuse NY. We've had snow, ice, rain & mud. I think it just helps make you a better player when the weather is "good"! Just don't get frustrated by poorer scores than your used to In the sunshine!
Looks like the wii disc golf game is still under development. According to what I could find it may be out next year some time!
man it was like 24 degrees last night and i had to ride my motor bike home and then i thought to myself, that's 24 degrees celsius, just put on a sweatshirt and you'll make it without freezing.

fortunately now it has climbed back up to 25 degrees and will hit almost 30 today so i can get out and play a round without any frost bite.
Joe I'd love to come to Thailand and play! whats 24 celsius? about 50 or 60 farenheit? Thats tough!
well we'd love to have all of you come out and play. 24c is high 70's F. 9 am here now and will get up to around 90F today. after living here for a couple of years those high 70's at night on the bike get to be pretty chilllly lol.
That's pretty tough. I'll see if I can make it! Stranger things have happened, last year in jan I got sent down to texas for 3 weeks for my work. really broke my heart. Theres a fully lit 24 hour disc golf course in Shreveport LA. not too far from where I was staying.
Folks out there are welcome to come play in the Ice Bowl (St. Cloud) out here in Minnesota next month if you like! If there's not a "-" in front of the current temperature, it 's not cold out there (he he). Disc golf is a 12-month sport...even for those of us who live on the frozen prairies and tundra of Minnesota. Just gotta think positive! Those aren't water hazards anymore, those are lucky new opportunities at a deuce....at least from December to February. ;-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968