www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Man, this winter is particularly wet/cold here in the NW. I have had the disc golf jones for about two weeks now with no way to satisfy 'em. What do you do to feed the addiction?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can just layer up like everyone is suggesting and come out to play some glow disc w/ a few of us, we go every Wed night to various courses locally in the NW area.
Man I don't care how cold it is... field work, field work, field work... mud, snow, cold.. whatever... field work!

... then again, I'm wasted right now. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We are playing in snow.. which requires the addition of a little ribbon attached to the disc - to find it when the disc delves underneath the snow! Disc goes from impossible to find, to the easiest find ever. But it doesn't sound like you are having to fight the snow, Ron. Bundle up.. and go for it! You'll be glad you did.
Well,

I finally got to devote an entire day to golfing on Sunday, and it was fabulous. I made a couple bucks off the weekly doubles and handicap league and aced hole #1 after calling it! I feel satisfied after that long absence.
Wow.. an ace, with a "called ahead" to boot! What a great way to satisfy the craving!
we just got hit here in ny again with a couple inches...so i keep ol' jack frost away with this. not the best but it breaks the boredom. http://www.miniclip.com/games/disc-golf/en/ you might have to copy/paste the link but its actually kind of fun!
One of the things I do is 'shop' for discs I might like to use or have some time.

Find an online shop that has competitive prices (like www.gdisc.com), set up an account (and why wouldn't you at such a site?) and fill up the shopping cart with choices that you either know you want or research while on that site. Since the typical rabid disc golfer could fill up a shopping cart full of discs, the next step is to weed out some of the more 'flamboyant' choices and pare the shopping cart down to those discs that may REALLY be of use to you. The idea here is to bring the shopping cart within your budget. And since you've gone through all that trouble, why not make the purchase? Nothing is more fun than knowing that you have a package coming in the mail! With discs! Then when the weather clears, you have new discs to try on the course.

Sometimes, it's just fun to just go through the motions and make like you're going to buy... and lots of these sites keep your shopping cart ready for your next visit. So, you don't have to lose out on all your hard work. It all keeps you thinking about disc golf, which itself is fun.
Playing my first round of the year on new years day really helped with my "jones". This site helps too!
Hawkins said:
Just go and play

Yes, but I think the issue in this discussion is what to do when you CAN'T go out and play.
Brian Matthews said:
Hawkins said:
Just go and play

Yes, but I think the issue in this discussion is what to do when you CAN'T go out and play.

just go and play
Keep a stash of minis close by and chuck them around the house.... Ive got the jones goin' on right ... Im in the middle of moving and doing it myself. I cant see spending money on movers when I could spend it on more plastic. As soon as everything is moved to the new place Im heading out for a dawn till dusk day of disc golf with a glowie round after :)
I live in Colorado. We haven't had any measurable snow yet... knock on wood. Not sure what to tell you other than the obvious, move.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968