www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is it like for you?...

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

How exciting for the boys and you!! Right on!

-Derek
My 9-year-old daughter is going to play in her first event on the 11th. She's very excited, but I may be moreso.
Sweet! What is the name of the tourney and where is it at? Please let us all know how she does. How exciting!
Oh, I forgot to say GOOD LUCK!
I guess it is about time I update my boys stats, since I have a few minutes. This year has been very successful on many levels for my boys. First off, my oldest boy Chris has improved on every aspect of his game. He has nearly perfected this monster drive of his. In a tourney last month there was a long drive competition where he placed second, throwing 529 feet, forehand. Second only to a Discraft sponsored pro, Paul Ullibarri, and he threw 536 feet. His putting has come a long way also, confident from 50 foot and in, he's hitting nearly all of them. Chris finally overcame some aggravating injuries to do really well at Worlds this year. He placed 5th in a field of 20 boys 16 and under, only 3 strokes from making the final 9. He also won the Mini Disc Golf and placed 2nd in the putting competition. He has also been in the top 5 at several state tourneys, and is in the top 8 in the advanced division for the states point race.
Nick on the other hand, has just excelled at his game. First off, he set a new WFDF distance World record for boys 8 and under at 96.26 meters, 315 feet, beating his own record by 40 feet.. He also won his very first Intemediate division tournament in July, making him the youngest to ever win an intermediate division, c-tier or better, (it was a B-tier that he won). Beating the old record by a year and 4 months. Nick did very well also at Worlds in Michigan. He won his division, Jr. boys 10 and under, by several strokes, making him a 2 time World Champion. He also won the long drive competition throwing 518 feet, (downhill), and placed a very respectable 2nd in the putting competition, behind a very solid golfer and 2 time World Champion, Andrew Coggin. At the same tourney where Chris threw his monster drive, Nick also nearly broke another WFDF distance record, throwing 340 feet, just 4 feet shy of breaking the record, owned by another outstanding junior level player from North Carolina, and Nicks Innova team mate, David Wiggins. Nick is sitting in 3rd place in the states Intermediate points race with 3 tourneys to go
I am extremely proud of my boys and all of there accomplishments, and am even more excited to report that my wife has been playing lately. She is still on the learning curve of our sport, but has a nice drive, (for a woman) and practices as much as we all do here at home. Hopefully I'll be able to report that she has excelled! But that's a different thread!
Keep bringing your kids, and wives, out to the course and hopefully we'll see you all out there!...Manny
I am fairly new to the sport of Disc Golf in fact only about 2 months old. I played a long time ago where we only used one frisbee. So when I played for the first time back in August I fell in love with it. Now my son Andrew (10) is taking a liking to it. I have not pushed it on him, he seems to be picking it up fairly quickly and for that I am proud of him. Every time I getr a new disc he wants to check it out and go throw it. Just like me!!!! For my birthday my best friend made my very own basket out of PVC pipe. It is great as i can now play in my yard with Andrew. we pick a spot and throw to it just like we were out playing, it is almost as if we know what each other is going to do.

So that is my firest update. I am looking forward to sharing more as the seasons change here in PA.
My nine-year-old daughter played in her first (non-sanctioned) tournament last weekend. She was the only one in her division; she won! She got some minis, a disc, and a fellow I know gave her his 2008 Worlds mini (Thanks, Rob!). Of course, I took 2nd in my division, but she has not rubbed it in once. That's sportsmanship.

She's already asking me when my next tournament is because she expects to play. I'm happy.
....................................Awesome......................................

I dont need to write a book on here to describe something thats impossible to describe.............

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968