www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the plan for doubles at Montiel?

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

I'm back in town and ready to play doubles today. AJ isn't working so he'll be there. I hear Ryan will as well.
Can't be there, wish I could. Gotta leave town at 6. Good luck to everyone and i'm going to try to make it next week.
Montiel Park Monday Doubles (4/21):

1st: Rizbee Jr./Ca$h-man - 11 under par
2nd: DEVO/Kyle Genuine Draft - 10 under par

2 other teams tied at 9 under (including one bozo team that bogeyed #18 from 7 feet...). Ace pot is now over $60!
I believe that my schedule will make it easy for me to show up next Monday for doubles. I believe I am working in Temecula that night, and Montiel isn't even out of the way on my way up there.
Montiel Doubles results for 4/28/08:

1st: Val and Dave Vincent - 11 under par (she carried him the whole way...)
2nd: Paul (Stand and Deliver) Morgavo/Chris Moraga - 9 under par (won playoff on 2nd sudden-death hole)

Having B players use short tees on 2,7,8 and 9 has allowed those players to be more involved in the second nine, which I think has turned out to be a good thing.

I'll have a CTP prize for next week...
Monday 5/12/08 Doubles Results for Montiel:

1st: Team Subway: Meatball/Veggie - 9 under
2nd: Devo/Brett "Thumber" Braverman - 7 under
3rd: Wingspan/Lizard hunter - 5 under

Ace pot continues to grow...Wingspan almost got it, "poling" #3. Cashman wins "Bagger of the Week" award for arguing that he was a B.
Vincent and Vincent shot a new doubles record: -14!!
Devo hit basket on 9 short, but no ace!
The bar has been raised; who from San Diego can step up?
I was hoping to keep 'em guessing for a while as to which Vincents were involved!
It was a very pretty ace you threw; good call, too, when you released it and said it was in!
Monday 5/19/08 Doubles Results for Montiel:

1st: Team Vincent: DEVO/Lizard boy - 14 under (a new record!)
2nd: Copper coin that it costs $0.0126 to make/Kyle "Lite" Miller - 13 under

Dave finished his round off with a near-skip ace of 9 long. You could see that he was pretty confident that he and Kyle's -13 was the best score. Fast forward to the look on his face when he heard that father and brother beat him with a new record! Maybe next week $0.0126? The wrong-handed ace was cool, tho.
I will be there this Monday to play Dubs, as it is requested someone from San Diego should step up. I no longer hold a share of the Doubles record and I want that to change! I should be able to make the next two Mondays in a row, I think. Let's try to get a good turnout!
Montiel Park Doubles results for 6/2/08:

1st: Dave Vincent/Luke Vicent - 12 under par
2nd: Don Vincent/Tommy Vincent/Lefty Rizbee - 11 under par

Yes, we played 3 on 1 last night. Well, I don't know if you could call it three really, since I played lefty, but there were three warm bodies on one team and one pushing a stroller on the other.

Our turnout has been very light the past few weeks. Doesn't anyone want to play birdie-fest doubles? The ace pot is at $90 and will probably be taken home by a Vincent or a lefty shot by me next week, unless we get some challengers. 5:30pm
Montiel Doubles Results for Monday, June 23rd:

1st: Cent/Seth - 15 under par
2nd: John/Scott - 13 under par

Hole in one: Todd Wickersham - Hole #1-long - $117!!!

The last two weeks of doubles at Montiel have been great. Ten players last night, and it was obvious that someone was going to take the ace pot. Several players hit metal - Seth hitting the band on #9, Scott hitting the basket on #8 and John hitting the pole on #9 are ones that I saw. The week before we had 16 players with an additional three juniors! If you don't play doubles at Montiel you don't know what you're missing!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968