www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i went out and playerd arcadia#2 on sunday and had a good round. it was really cold at 730am. AROUND 30F
SO HOW COLD WILL YOU PLAY IN AND HAVE U PLAYED IN. THE COLDEST IVE PLAYED IN WAS 28 F.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ive played in -12 after windchill.
I've played with snow still on the ground in January with the temp in the mid teens... I think it was 14 give or take... course I know the guys/gals from further north can beat that...
I threw some discs today, the temp was -10 with wind chill around -25.
Playing our local leagues the past few weekends it has been anywhere from 10F - 25F.. windy too, I'm not sure how cold it was with the wind chill.
I live in northeast Ohio and have played in the snow ,with snow on the ground,and ice on the course,my course is right on Lake Erie and the wind can roar!! I guess I will play later this week and the high temp forcast is going to be 7 above! check uot my profile pics.
You can tell your from Texas man, when 30F is cold. Have to give you shit.

single digits, lower then that I'm like fuck it.
no less than 55
I'm from the same area as Super_H but have been playing probably as long as he's been alive. My coldest round was 14 degrees with a 25mph sustained wind with gusts to over 40mph. Wind chill was -15 below 0. It's pretty frigg'n cold when your snot freezes instantly. It does get cold in Dallas....for a day or two tops. I'm sure our MN and Canadian disc brothers and sisters have golfed in unimaginable cold temps.
I played in -35 to practice for a tourney, last year attend 2 or 3 tourneys that were all in the -10 area... I love michigan golf.. you get to play in all seasons.
Amen Gabriel! You can tell I'm from Michigan, when I saw this thread I thought it was a typo and it was supposed to say -30*F. I would rather play in 20-30*F weather all year, than play in 90*F heat. When I played in Deleware in early September it was like 98*F one day on a sandy beach course and I felt like I was going to heat stroke out. The coldest I have played in was probably -10*F actual temp. It's funny to me though because we have so much snow to walk through you end up sweating and un-zipping layers to cool down. Not that cold feeling when you are expecting it.

Gabriel said:
I played in -35 to practice for a tourney, last year attend 2 or 3 tourneys that were all in the -10 area... I love michigan golf.. you get to play in all seasons.
We played in 4*F last night. Mild compared to last years Cracked Plastic at Coldbrook (08 Worlds course) 8*F with sustained 40 mph winds. Put the wind chill at -25 to -26 *F. It was more about survival than disc golf. 18 out 78 players did not even play the second round. That is almost 25% of the field.
well i know it gets alot colder everwhere else. but were use to the heat down here in texas and when it hits 30 f it fliping cold. like on thursday is suppose to be are coldest day yet and its suppose to be 19 to 25 f. but we do have strong northern winds that makes it feel alot colder.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968