www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i went out and playerd arcadia#2 on sunday and had a good round. it was really cold at 730am. AROUND 30F
SO HOW COLD WILL YOU PLAY IN AND HAVE U PLAYED IN. THE COLDEST IVE PLAYED IN WAS 28 F.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sounds like you might be playing in your coldest day yet then.

super_h said:
well i know it gets alot colder everwhere else. but were use to the heat down here in texas and when it hits 30 f it fliping cold. like on thursday is suppose to be are coldest day yet and its suppose to be 19 to 25 f. but we do have strong northern winds that makes it feel alot colder.
Do they even sell hand warmers in Texas? Hahaha

PoeticLogic said:
sounds like you might be playing in your coldest day yet then.

super_h said:
well i know it gets alot colder everwhere else. but were use to the heat down here in texas and when it hits 30 f it fliping cold. like on thursday is suppose to be are coldest day yet and its suppose to be 19 to 25 f. but we do have strong northern winds that makes it feel alot colder.
98* is a cool summer day in North Texas. This summer there was a PDGA b-tier event in south Dallas were the actual temp was 108* and luckily the relative humidity was down, or the heat index would have been higher than the 117* that it felt like while we played. :-)

Mike said:
Amen Gabriel! You can tell I'm from Michigan, when I saw this thread I thought it was a typo and it was supposed to say -30*F. I would rather play in 20-30*F weather all year, than play in 90*F heat. When I played in Deleware in early September it was like 98*F one day on a sandy beach course and I felt like I was going to heat stroke out. The coldest I have played in was probably -10*F actual temp. It's funny to me though because we have so much snow to walk through you end up sweating and un-zipping layers to cool down. Not that cold feeling when you are expecting it.

Gabriel said:
I played in -35 to practice for a tourney, last year attend 2 or 3 tourneys that were all in the -10 area... I love michigan golf.. you get to play in all seasons.
I have played at around 0, but the coldest this winter is about 15. - three times last week.
The coldest tournament I ever played in was the Original Ice Bowl (#18 I think), in Milwaukee. - Mark Ellis was there - it was in the teens then. I'll be there for #21 in 9 days!
I just checked my thermometer, and it is -13 right now, and it should be around -25 at daybreak. They have already canceled school for tomorrow. I think I will have to go out and play a round just so I can say I did! :)
Yeah but you guys are built for heat like the mighty Texas speed bump, the Armadillo. LOL

My_Hero said:
98* is a cool summer day in North Texas. This summer there was a PDGA b-tier event in south Dallas were the actual temp was 108* and luckily the relative humidity was down, or the heat index would have been higher than the 117* that it felt like while we played. :-)

Mike said:
Amen Gabriel! You can tell I'm from Michigan, when I saw this thread I thought it was a typo and it was supposed to say -30*F. I would rather play in 20-30*F weather all year, than play in 90*F heat. When I played in Deleware in early September it was like 98*F one day on a sandy beach course and I felt like I was going to heat stroke out. The coldest I have played in was probably -10*F actual temp. It's funny to me though because we have so much snow to walk through you end up sweating and un-zipping layers to cool down. Not that cold feeling when you are expecting it.

Gabriel said:
I played in -35 to practice for a tourney, last year attend 2 or 3 tourneys that were all in the -10 area... I love michigan golf.. you get to play in all seasons.
i played in a neg 25-30 windchill today. itll be colder tomorow and i plan on playing
Its 5:00 am, I'm not playing but its -17 right now,with the wind chill its like -40 today.I don't need to feed the disc jones today.
I went from tempe,az and the hottest I played was 120*f-ish in the sun, to michigan 2 years later in the (neg) -35*f. all being said I'd much rather plat in the cold then the hell as hot heat.

Mike said:
Yeah but you guys are built for heat like the mighty Texas speed bump, the Armadillo. LOL

My_Hero said:

Mike said:

Gabriel said:
probably 10 F with even lower windchill, definitely snowing too, with at least a foot on the ground
We started an Ice Bowl in Kalamazoo at -3 in 2004. It should be in the single digits here in Harrisburg today. We are playing a glow round tonight.
It is supposed to be about 15F here in SC on Saturday morning. We have a group that plays every sat. at 8 am.

Club Morninwood
www.clubmorningwood.com is under construction
The wind chill is suppose to be between 5-15 degrees tomorrow morning about 30 - 45 miles inland of Charleston, SC and the low is suppose to be 17 degrees in Charleston tonight. That is brutal for anywhere east of 1-95 in SC and the coldest I have experienced in my 39 years in SC. I can remember surfing several times when I was a lot younger when the air temp was in the 30's and a couple of times with snow falling but the cold did not affect me 20 - 25 years ago like it does now. I am still planning to play this weekend around 10 am around water with the temperature in the twenties to see if I can hack it. I plan to watch Les Stroud and Bear Grylls for inspiration the remainder of the week.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968