www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i went out and playerd arcadia#2 on sunday and had a good round. it was really cold at 730am. AROUND 30F
SO HOW COLD WILL YOU PLAY IN AND HAVE U PLAYED IN. THE COLDEST IVE PLAYED IN WAS 28 F.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this saturday is supposed to be in the low 30's if that.
22 degress in Mishawaka, Indiana. I remember that even though it was in 1996, and the wind chill was in the teens.
This is one of the many reasons I love Texas. In the summer, I usually try to tee off before 8am because of the heat though.
Lotto..Cracked Plastic '08 was pretty much that cold...with wind chill.
K.
Lotto said:
ive played in -12 after windchill.
+20 this morning. I enjoy it, but I play faster than I do when it's 100 (but I play then, too!)
it's 1 degree F right now with wind chills at 14 below here in SE MI.

Last year's Cracked Plastic Sunday Tournament in Kalamazoo MI was around that temperature with sustained wind chills down toward 25-35 below. It was just plain vicious -- my one buddy's beard was this huge mass of white ice by the end of the round.

The roads were also wind-blown & ice-covered and several carloads of disc golfers found there way into ditches.

When I registered 5 days prior, projected temperatures were 35-38 degrees, great call by the weather forecasters!
the cold doesnt really bother me. you just have to dress for it. ill play down into the teens. granted i live in MD so the winter here is a joke compared to most of the country. its just the wind chill that will get ya. the combination of the wind chill plus the wind smacking your discs all over the place will kill a round. the way i see it, if its not too windy to actually be able to play, then the wind chill probably aint that bad. a lot of my friends are wimps though. they wont play if its below 50. they only end up playing 6 or 7 months out of year. pathetic.
Ive played 4 times within the last few weeks. It hit -17f today. Added new pix to my page to remind me of it.
I just got in off the course! I started at -18*F and it got up to -13 by the time I came in by my thermometer. National weather service says it is an 8 MPH breeze and a wind chill of -34*F.
I did play pretty quickly and I kept moving, and I only played nine holes of pitch and putt. But it wasn't bad, and if someone showed up to play, I would go right back out!
It just isn't the day for a leisurely round by myself!!
well, my official low temperature round is now 17 degrees, wasn't much wind so the wind chill was probably only a couples degrees different, left my father-inlaws house at 13 f, and teed off hole one at 17 f
that was in Morristown Tennessee, also played the Sinks in Chattanooga while everything was frozen, even the sink holes were frozen, but it was only in the lower twenties
7 degrees with a 20 mph wind which made the wind chill around -7. 28 degrees is no big thang!
Ten degrees with a fifteen mph wind. I'd play in anything that doesn't give my throwing hand frostbite.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968