www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Following the "whats in your bag?' thread I have noticed some players having two putters: one light weight (165-167) and a heavy putter; usually the same mold. I have always used a "heavy" putter at 174-175gms. Obviously, lighter weights allow for easier turnovers/anhyzers. Could someone give me some other insight as to why you would like to have light-weight putter in the bag???

Views: 1737

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

175 all the way here! Blunt gumbputt!
Oddly enough, for me....my lighter putter (167-169g) flies much truer/straighter when it is crazy windy out. Why?? I wish I knew, but that's why I keep my lighter one in the bag.
Bangers Rock!
I like to use 150 class putters. I get a lot of float and can putt from farther out. I use them in the wind unless it is really blowing, then i might use a roc.
My light weight (and beadless) Aviar flys much differently then my KC Pro Aviar (174g). It allows me to make long straight runs at the basket useing less spin and speed. If I'm banging jump putts or inside the circle I use the KC Pro 174g, it helps take the spin and power I'll put on the disc with a direct toss into the basket. If I'm outside my jump putt range I'll use the lighter beadless Aviar, it gives me more control of the flight and speed while finessing a long putt. That in turn allows me to run at the basket from a larger range while keeping the big come back putts to a minimum.

Hope that helps and good luck
i use a 167 champ bb aviar for short anny drives. does well got me
For me, putting requires heavy artillery.
i think my heavy ones drop faster. makes sense. gravity.
Gravity rules.
I putt with a 168g Wizard. I switched to the lighter weight because I noticed it was much easier to get in the basket, especially from far away. Wizards are generally a pretty stable disc, so switching to the light weight didn't hurt the flight pattern. I can just concentrate on putting the disc on the correct line and getting my follow through comfortable, and not have to force the disc, or throw it too hard. This also comes in handy with low overhang putts and jump putts.
The Super Stupid Soft Wizard is my putter of choice, although mine's 175g. Best putter I've ever used.
A lightweight one would be good for chasing squirrels across the fairway with.
Just gets better float............I like to putt with a 170-172 putter just cuz its floats a little bit better than a 173-175............If I can help it I want it to be closer to 170 as well..............Just seems to hold a line a little better and makes it easier to hit those putts from about 27-40 ft cuz it stays in the air a little longer!!! Atleast thats why I putt with a lightER putter..........Not quite light but lightER!!!

Of course in the wind its max weight all the way or ill even bump it up to my new fav win putter the BUZZZ!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968